Which E-bike with these features?

SomeGuy

About me:

The biggest reason for wanting an electronic bike is to help me get over hills. My price range is no more than $2,000 ($2,199 absolute max) (but not including accessories or shipping/tax). I'm 5'11", weigh 190 lbs (with a 10-15 lbs variance over time). Eventually, I'll live somewhere in the outer Boston area and will commute into Boston, (mostly on roads/sidewalks) possibly 6 - 18 miles one way (16- 36 both ways), 5 days a week. This bike will be my primary source of transportation.

I will be riding in the rain and snow. Eventually I’ll either buy or make a rain/snow shield. (which will increase drag). I’d also rather buy snow tires than a fat bike.

Features I want:
  • Mid-drive with throttle (prefer a trigger throttle, and that the mid-drive and throttle can handle being used together)
  • Class 3
  • Riser bar
  • Rear rack to be able to carry groceries and things.
  • Removable Display in center of handlebars
  • high step
  • Prefer a 28mph bike (the speed demon in me)
  • Long lasting battery (I’ll charge the battery at work, and eventually will buy a 2nd one)
  • Durability to handle New England weather (hot and cold temps, rain, snow)

Features I do NOT want:
  • Twist throttle
  • Half-twist throttle
  • Low step
  • Drop handlebars
  • Small tires
  • Small frame
  • Tandem
  • Trike
  • Fat bike

What frame size should I buy? Any suggestions on which electronic bike to purchase with these guidelines? I do understand that there won't be a perfect bike for a low price. Thank you.

Curious how your commute can vary by 12 miles each way. I hope you can commute the 6 miles when it snows, 18 miles when it's nice. Boston can have snow by the foot, right? Riding sidewalks to commute doesn't make sense either, especially on a 28mph bike. Remember, battery performance drops off dramatically in the cold. You may even need spike tires when the ice comes. Just my thoughts on your commute, I'm not familiar enough with bike brands to recommend a $2000 bike, sorry.

I mean I live in Connecticut right now, and I have no idea where I will end up, but I'm just guesstimating that it could be anywhere from 6 to around 15ish miles from Boston.

Back