Which Colour to choose?

YYZeBike

Hi Folks,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on the new 2018 Teo S, tons of new upgrades on this new batch of bikes (arriving end of the week). My question is which colour? I'm torn between the black and red or maybe the white....so confused right now or maybe just way too excited. I wish I could see the colours in person (7 hour drive from Milton, ON is a little far)

I was very close to purchasing a white Yukon (love the white and red combination) until I read all the reviews of the Teo and of course chatting with Stephane sealed the deal. Thank you Stephane. Below are a few questions on the colours.

Black - Is it mat black?
Red - I've heard some of the red Teo's have an orangey colour to it, from the pictures it looks glossy as well
White - Curious to hear how it looks in person

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Congrats on your upcoming purchase! What size frame are you buying? Unless its changed, white was only available in the medium frame. The red is gloss finish and is red/orange. Depends what lighting you're in, sometimes it looks more red and sometimes more orange.... Black is a matte finish unless that has changed. White I can't speak for but it looks very nice!

Oh. Almost forgot. The RED ones are much faster than the other two choices. Something to do with dispersive medium and wavelengths.o_O I'm sure other RED owners will back me up on this.:cool:

Congrats on your upcoming purchase! What size frame are you buying? Unless its changed, white was only available in the medium frame. The red is gloss finish and is red/orange. Depends what lighting you're in, sometimes it looks more red and sometimes more orange.... Black is a matte finish unless that has changed. White I can't speak for but it looks very nice!

Oh. Almost forgot. The RED ones are much faster than the other two choices. Something to do with dispersive medium and wavelengths.o_O I'm sure other RED owners will back me up on this.:cool:

I fully support your claim @Falken, the Red Téo is the fastest. ;)

Falken l'll be ordering a medium so I'm glad the white may be an option. When Court did the review with Patrick the red really looked orange, I'm curious if there are some inconsistencies in the red paint from the factory. I was originally set on ordering a black but you red owners are really selling the red. I love the matching red rim accents.

When I spoke to Benoit this week he mentioned the below upgrades, he also said there wouldn't be a price increase.

750 W motor (I think he offered this in the past)
Teo S includes short fenders front and back (rack not included)
New controller (I think this is to remedy the two wires snapping off)
New front light, same light but better internal wiring and brighter
Teo limited will have a better rack and back light (not intrigated with the battery)

Benoit said he will be updating his site this week to reflect the upgrades, great guy and was very helpful.

Falken l'll be ordering a medium so I'm glad the white may be an option. When Court did the review with Patrick the red really looked orange, I'm curious if there are some inconsistencies in the red paint from the factory. I was originally set on ordering a black but you red owners are really selling the red. I love the matching red rim accents.

When I spoke to Benoit this week he mentioned the below upgrades, he also said there wouldn't be a price increase.

750 W motor (I think he offered this in the past)
Teo S includes short fenders front and back (rack not included)
New controller (I think this is to remedy the two wires snapping off)
New front light, same light but better internal wiring and brighter
Teo limited will have a better rack and back light (not intrigated with the battery)

Benoit said he will be updating his site this week to reflect the upgrades, great guy and was very helpful.
I'm pretty sure the 500w motors are actually 750w motors but I could be wrong. I doubt it though:rolleyes:lol.
What I'm really concerned about is the two wires snapping off the controller? What two wires? I don't recall any discussions about wires snapping off the controllers.

The two wires that's connected to the front light, sorry for the confusion. But he did say a better/upgraded controller.

Ah ok. Yes I do remember some discussion on that. Wife's and mine are still ok thankfully. Guess we will just have to wait until Benoit lets us know about the upgraded controller. I'm interested to know what changed. Thanks @YYZeBike !:)
By the way...Most of the time my bike looks red. Pictures for some reason bring out the orange more. The paint is rubbing off the front of the bike due to atom collision but other than that it's holding up well.

Hi Stephane,

This really helps, I'll confirm with Benoit on the red colour tomorrow. That's what was so confusing regarding the red, like you said the red you tested was really fire truck red. Either way they all look beautiful so I'll reveal the colour choice during my unboxing pics.

Benoit did mention that the new batch DID NOT come with on demand throttle but was easily enabled, he would provide me instructions on how to do this after the purchase. I think it's just disconnecting a few wires in the controller, but I could be wrong. I'm curious how the short fenders will look, I'm excited with the minor upgrades in this batch of bikes but a little nervous as well. I curious if Benoit does a PDI before each bike leaves his shop.

Thanks,

Glenn

You have made a good choice and truly hope you will get it soon. I'm happy to see you saw the added value.

The GTA Téo riders are growing in numbers.

The glossy RED is a beautiful RED, not the RED I expected but I'm getting tons of Oos and Ahhhs when I ride it. I love it. The paint job is beautiful too.

I am anxious to know more about that mod and know a bit more about our controller, current and new ones.

I have had zero issues with e-bike. Love it.

Welcome to our growing family.

Thank you Denise, I see a GTA meet in the near future. Delivery is expect d to depart Montreal next Tuesday. I'm assuming it will only take 1 or 2 days to get to Milton.

Regarding the throttle Benoit said it's a legality issue in Canada to have throttle on demand but I know the Yukin has had it for years now.

@YYZeBike Congratulations on your new ride.
Hope to see you a Kelso one day but be careful on the down slope facing 401 it is fast and twisty, I did wipe out on the second last turn first time I went.

We are very fortunate to live so close to the escarpment, thanks for the heads up on Kelso.
Love your member name @AguassissiM, I'm assuming you're from Mississauga?

We are very fortunate to live so close to the escarpment, thanks for the heads up on Kelso.
Love your member name @AguassissiM, I'm assuming you're from Mississauga?

You`re welcome, yes I live in Mississauga about 26 km from Kelso but it is a good exercise to go there and back.
Last time I went over to Appleby Line and up to Campbellville Rd and back home about 76 km hike and still had 3 bars left on the display, after 15 minutes rest the battery showed 3 bars as well, did not check the voltage left in the battery since I was so impressed with the range it gave me, used PAS 3 and my own power except on that steep clime up the escarpment when I used the throttle and of course mismanaged my gears and only made 90% up the hill and had to get off and use the walk future to get to the top. Lesson learned: know where you`re going before you leave home. That is one twisted road to go biking up the escarpment, I really enjoyed it.

You`re welcome, yes I live in Mississauga about 26 km from Kelso but it is a good exercise to go there and back.
Last time I went over to Appleby Line and up to Campbellville Rd and back home about 76 km hike and still had 3 bars left on the display, after 15 minutes rest the battery showed 3 bars as well, did not check the voltage left in the battery since I was so impressed with the range it gave me, used PAS 3 and my own power except on that steep clime up the escarpment when I used the throttle and of course mismanaged my gears and only made 90% up the hill and had to get off and use the walk future to get to the top. Lesson learned: know where you`re going before you leave home. That is one twisted road to go biking up the escarpment, I really enjoyed it.
Amazing! 76km and still have 3 bars left? That is so impressive @AguassissiM ! Awesome:D

I bet you were tired! Yes please post your results on PAS4 as well.
I worded my previous post poorly. It looks like I was impressed with the battery, but what I was truly impressed with was the 76km ride! If we do ever get to ride together, you guys better stop for coffee around km 35;)

Back