Which Brooks Saddle?

karmap

I am starting to love my bike CCS. I rode 169 miles this work week and the only complaint I have right now is my bum. I hear great things about Brooks saddles so I was going to go one.

Thing is not sure which one to get. There or some for more upright and less upright. Anyone get one for their CCS and have a suggestion?

I think I went too big on my model. I got a medium CCS and it just seems big to me as a 5’9” male. Wonder if that ismaking it worse for me. Might try a shorter stem.

any help is welcome.

thanks.

I stuck a Brooks C17 Carved on my CCX soon after getting it in December. I've found it comfortable after thousands of miles since then. The only issue has been creaking coming from the saddle when the ride gets rough. Tried adding some grease to the front rivet/saddle/rail interface at the beginning but no help & never got around to finding the root cause (probably the back rivets).

I know you're asking about Brooks saddles, and that's a good choice, but after comparing with a Cloud Nine, I went with that instead.

I stuck a Brooks C17 Carved on my CCX soon after getting it in December. I've found it comfortable after thousands of miles since then. The only issue has been creaking coming from the saddle when the ride gets rough. Tried adding some grease to the front rivet/saddle/rail interface at the beginning but no help & never got around to finding the root cause (probably the back rivets).
I have no personal experience of this but just now saw youtube video with a long term review oc the C17.
That guy put electrical tap on the rails as the side of the saddle was rubbing against them and causing creaking/ squeeking.
At 3:55 in this video

Back