Where is the restriction?

John E

Hi all,

I have a 2014 turbo s with 250w motor.

It's an import from USA so unrestricted.

My battery failed several months ago and I'm having a nightmare getting a replacement. Specialized UK are continually telling me there "is a backlog from USA". I've been asking for 3 months now.

I'd like to keep the bike unrestricted if possible, so my question is. If I bought a UK battery, would it work ok in a unrestricted bike?

Where is the restriction located, the bike or the battery?

Hi all,

I have a 2014 turbo s with 250w motor.

It's an import from USA so unrestricted.

My battery failed several months ago and I'm having a nightmare getting a replacement. Specialized UK are continually telling me there "is a backlog from USA". I've been asking for 3 months now.

I'd like to keep the bike unrestricted if possible, so my question is. If I bought a UK battery, would it work ok in a unrestricted bike?

Where is the restriction located, the bike or the battery?
Try to contact these 2 places and find out if they can help you out.

https://ebikemarketplace.com/pages/rebuild

http://www.batteryrefill.com/

I can confirm it is in the battery. New 19Ah 691Wh batteries are available again. I got mine last week.

Curious that they are blaming the USA. Batteries and bikes are made in Taiwan.

Is there a way to remove the limiter on the turbo S? It runs into 27mph too easy and then bogs the pedal assist abruptly :/

Is there a way to remove the limiter on the turbo S? It runs into 27mph too easy and then bogs the pedal assist abruptly :/
Essentially the answer is no. the wheel diameter hack used on the Levo doesn't do much except make the speedo/odo inaccurate. You feel the "speed cutoff" on the Turbo family more than some other e-bikes due to the direct drive. The resistance created by the permanent magnets when no boost is being applied is very noticeable. This would not be true on many mid-drives which have free-wheeling between the motor and crank built in. I know of no so0lution.

Doug

Weirdly, we got a new 500W hub for our shop Turbo S and limit is now around 33mph! Not sure why or how.

I’ve gone through several batteries and motors on my Turbo X and they all feel different for what ever reason...kinda weird.

Thanks for the replies all. I'm STILL waiting for a battery. Phoned Harrogate concept store again who will be speaking with USA today.

Missed the whole of summer due to this....

I have managed to get my hands on a diagnostic tool hoping that I could perform maintenance on the bike myself (and try to bring my current battery back to life)

Seems that specialized have an online portal for dealers to download firmware/settings etc so I'm essentially locked out of the bike... So frustrating!!

Seriously getting frustrated with Specialized - might be time to change brands

So I complained to specialized UK who advised there is a "world shortage" and they are manufacturing some due in the UK first week in December and I have one reserved.

Fingers crossed

So I complained to specialized UK who advised there is a "world shortage" and they are manufacturing some due in the UK first week in December and I have one reserved.

Fingers crossed
There might be not the best option considering the warranty, but have you considering buying a new battery in another country like Germany for example? I've seen a few bike stores still selling the 691Wh battery online.

Back