What’s a great place to retire for an e-biker?

As a former retired RV'er, I had heard of quite a few who wintered in the Pacific NW for the temperate weather. A fair number of those (most?) say they'll never winter there again. Why? Too wet.

Yes. I'd pack my bags and go to the east side, where winters are not mild, open them up and smell mildew. I've lived in both climates of the state and both have their problems. Right now, it is 25 degrees out, which is not bad but if you want sun, you have to drive up to a higher elevation. I'm on the east side now.

That's the thing. Our state has two sides. The Cascade Range keeps the side on the west of them damp or wet. Seattle is not the rainiest part of the state. I've lived on what weather forecasts call The Western Slope Of The Cascades, where the mountains make for more rain than Seattle. Then a heavy, gloppy snow hits sometimes in the winter. Now I've moved back to the climate I was raised in, on the east side of the Cascades where winters are cold and summers are hot. This winter is a bit dry and mild due to El Nino. Since I live in a valley, we are in a gray world right now. I could get into the sun if I drove up to a higher elevation and might do that. The east part of the state can have temps below zero in the winter and in the 100s in the summer. Last summer we had 100 degree temps with the added pleasure of heavy smoke. Yuckers.

Last edited:
Back