What type of ebiker are you?

What type of ebiker are you? If your usage varies, you can pick more than one option.

• My ebike is my only bike.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Besides my ebike, I have a conventional bike, but I, um, don't ride it hardly at all.

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I have an ebike and a regular bike. I ride my ebike more often.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I ride both my ebike and my regular bike, about equally.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I have an ebike that I use for some purposes, but I ride my conventional bike more often.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I hardly ride my ebike. Mostly ride my regular bike.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ebikemom

I've noticed that we have all sorts of ebikers here on EBR.

What type of ebiker are you? If your usage varies, you can pick more than one option.

Selling my Canondale as soon as I think I want deal Craig’s list buyers. I’d give it to some that’s needy, but it’s a jumbo frame and it’ll take someone big.

I ride for exercise and pleasure. I ride much more since I started riding an ebike, more distance and more time. The only time I ride my acoustic bike is when my electric is being serviced. It seems like work!

I ride my ebike like a short man wears lifted shoes or a bald man wears a toupee. To the point where I really believe I'm that fast/tall/handsome, and would never dare be seen without it.

I peacock around the park, watching the little kiddies' mouths drop open at the sight of my speed. I'm seriously Grandpa Joe from Willy Wonka, hopping out of bed and speeding around the room.....I could never go back, and no one will ever again see how slow I am while analog. I'd rather walk thru the park naked ?
img.jpg

I usually just ride an ebike to commute to work. Family rides and riding for fun and excersize I ride my other bikes. An occasional trip to the store I will bring out the ebike if I'm in a hurry.

I have 6 bikes, all kits, originally they were all different types. Front drive geared and direct, rear drives, both hub styles, and mid-drive. In order to better support customers, I found building multiple types of kits would be an invaluable experience.

Ebike for commuter purpose and others for weekend exercises. However, I broke the rule today and use my carbon bike for commuting since it is "bike to work day" event :)

When I first got my eBike last June (nearly a year!), I stopped riding my recumbent Trike. The eBike was new and just a joy to be on. I still am thrilled with it, but for the past 3 months or so I find myself on the Trike again. Maybe about 1/3 of the time. They are completely different experiences, and both are great fun, each in their own way.

Perfect for me.

My e bike is the first and only bike I have ever owned. I’m 70 and ride as much as possible, I go trail riding on the O.R.V. and snowmobile trails, most are really sandy for maintenance reasons. The wooded trails are the best!

My e bike is the first and only bike I have ever owned. I’m 70 and ride as much as possible, I go trail riding on the O.R.V. and snowmobile trails, most are really sandy for maintenance reasons. The wooded trails are the best!
One of my favorite things about this web site are the users. It seems that many, maybe most posting are seniors. A bunch of old farts! This is one of the nicest collections of riders anywhere on the internets!

I had a Trek sitting in a corner collecting dust after my first e-bike. I felt bad for it knowing any interest I had in riding it were long gone. It was time for somebody else to take care of it. Fellow that bought it had a great big grin, and I felt better knowing it went to a good home! Bonus was the extra room I had in the garage with it gone!

Converted most of our regular bikes to electric. Even the dog's bike. One exception is my best bike ever (BBE), a GT hybrid 29'er model with hydraulic disks, and soft front suspension forks. When we started ebiking I tried to go 50-50with ebikes and the BBE. Last year the ratio was 97-3.

Well, I took the BBE out today and I realized that when I said we had no hills, I was delusional. I didn't come back til I had logged 10 miles though. It is a sweet bike. Still not going to electrify it. I've resolved to enjoy its ride more.

P1120103.JPG P1120107.JPG

Back