What type of 2 prong mini cannon plug power connector does Juiced use? (see photo) I want to tap in via Y-splitter for an INNOVV K2 DASHCAM/ACTIONCAM

Tronic Jon

What type of 2 prong mini cannon plug power connector does Juiced use? (see photo)

2018-05-08 12.44.58.jpg

I want to tap in via Y-splitter to power a dual channel INNOVV K2 DASHCAM/ACTIONCAM coming out soon.

Would the above spot be the best place to tap in? I don't mind spicing in but would rather keep it clean if this same connector can be purchased somewhere.

It would be ideal for the K2 to begin recording as soon as the battery power is turned on.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...aluminium-camera-mount-and-dvr-housing.33980/

1525809054661.png

Those are called Julet or Higo connectors, and as far as I know, hard to find in single quantities. Used to be able to Google an outfit in Germany that would sell you one with pigtails for 10 euros plus that much to ship.

I'm not familiar with Juiced. Are those red plugs used to deliver 5 volts? You would have to buy two pair to build a Y cable (including the camera end) , and it's still going to need splices. Other round two pin connectors are available. Not as small or elegant, but probably more durable.
http://www.batteryspace.com/connector-2-pin-female-cannon.aspx

That looks like the connector for the headlight. I can't say whether it would power your K2 but a quick test with a multimeter would tell you what it's got. From their website it looks like you need 12 volts into the K2.

If it does have the right voltage, it seems like it would be easier to splice another wire from the wire leading to the connector that you showed, rather than messing with the connector itself, if I really wanted to run it off the bike's battery.

But if you need us to tell you any of this, I wonder if you should be messing with it at all. I'd find an electronics repair person in your town and talk to them about what you want to do. They might give you valuable information, or suggest a totally different approach, being able to look physically at the bike and the K2. They might even be willing to do it for you, at their usual bench fee.

It might be easier to just put a dedicated battery into a pouch or bag somewhere on the bike and run a cord from battery to camera.

Thanks Guys, I did have 12 months of electronics training when I was in the Air Force.

I'll bust out my multi-meter soon to check what's going on there.

I used to be able to calculate the reverse avalanche current of a zener diode haha. (but I'm by no means an expert years later) I tend to outsource most projects and oversee them these days. It's great to have a foundation to understand the basics.

These listings look interesting but they don't ship to the USA

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I'm going to contact this company next to find a ready-made solution.

http://www.higoconnector.com/products

http://www.higoconnector.com/splitters

Worse case, cutting/splicing it is ok, but I'd like to find a cleaner method if possible first.

it seems like it would be easier to splice another wire from the wire leading to the connector that you showed, rather than messing with the connector itself, if I really wanted to run it off the bike's battery.

Ok, just tried to measure the voltage, but the side I need to measure on is the female connector side. The holes are too small for the multimeter probes to fit into. I'm going to need to order a HIGO cable I think to get in there. The cables goes into the actual frame of the bike so not easy to trace it back to the battery harness tray. (and would rather not take that apart just yet)

Do you think there is any difference between these 2? It's in Italian so not sure. (same seller)

Does the headlight unit specifi it's (required) voltage/wattage?
No.

Ok, just tried to measure the voltage, but the side I need to measure on is the female connector side. The holes are too small for the multimeter probes to fit into. I'm going to need to order a HIGO cable I think to get in there. The cables goes into the actual frame of the bike so not easy to trace it back to the battery harness tray. (and would rather not take that apart just yet)
I used to repair unusual electronics for a hobby. It is entirely possible to pierce discrete wires with a pair of shirt pins and alligator-clip your test leads to the shirt pins and read the voltage. In your case above, Tronic Jon, shirt pins temporarily attached to the probe tips with, for instance, shrink tubing, will let you can make contact inside the female connector.

Last edited:
I used to repair unusual electronics for a hobby. It is entirely possible to pierce discrete wires with a pair of shirt pins and alligator-clip your test leads to the shirt pins and read the voltage. In your case above, Tronic Jon, shirt pins temporarily attached to the probe tips with, for instance, shrink tubing, will let you can make contact inside the female connector.
Hah! I haven't used that old hack in a long time! Thanks for the memories!

I have a CCS controller on the way so I’m interested in splitting this connector as well to run and headlight and taillight.

Back