What to compare Priority current to?

Marrduk24

Looking for an e-bike that both my wife and I can share. I already have a Ride1up 700.

She is 5’7” and I am 5’11”.

Main criteria is:
1. Price < $4000
2. Weight ideally under 50 lbs (Priority current is 53 lbs, which is the highest I would go)
3. Battery at least 450 wh

Other than that:
1. Can be a mid-drive or rear-hub
2. Also fine with a fixed gear bike
3. While a front suspension would be nice, I suspect our weight limit rules that out
4. Anything with more than 250w motor is fine, which is most e-bikes

2. Weight ideally under 50 lbs
3. Battery at least 450 wh
Battery capacity is weight, so "as light as possible but with at least 450WH" pretty much means "find a bike with a 450WH battery". It's no wonder the Priority Current is on your list -- it has a 500WH battery. You've pretty much ruled out the 625/710WH battery bikes and all of the "light" bikes that are closer to 320WH.

Maybe you'd consider a bike with <450WH but a range extender option so you can trade weight/range on a per-ride basis?

I hear you on the weight vs battery capacity trade off and you are right that the Current is on the list because it's the closest thing I found. I was just wondering if there are other bikes that meet the required trade off of battery capacity and weight.

Well it seems like watt wagons pulse is 51 lbs and with $1000 cash back promo it comes go $3400.

However something makes me feel iffy about watt wagons. Seems like they have had a perennial supply chain issue.

The weight is only issue if you need to carry it on regular basis eg up stairs to access apartment. In case of bike rack just remove battery to lighten it. Outside that weight does matter especially when riding.

I hear you on the weight vs battery capacity trade off and you are right that the Current is on the list because it's the closest thing I found. I was just wondering if there are other bikes that meet the required trade off of battery capacity and weight.

Well it seems like watt wagons pulse is 51 lbs and with $1000 cash back promo it comes go $3400.

However something makes me feel iffy about watt wagons. Seems like they have had a perennial supply chain issue.

I have the Current, and must say I've been spoiled by the belt drive and IGH. I don't think I'd happily go back to a derailleur again. I always remove the battery before hoisting it onto my car rack or lugging it up a short flight of stairs. At around 44 lbs. sans battery, it's pretty manageable. I have two friends with Currents, and they purchased theirs with the significant Costco discount.

I'm not familiar with the Watts Wagon so I can't comment, but Priority has been top notch to deal with.

I continue to enjoy commuting on nice days on my Priority Current. I feel the weight when I get it in and out of my shed (no ramp), but otherwise there is no reason to know weight.

I don’t get the advertised range on my hilly route, but I can make it the nearly 24 miles total round trip if I don’t mind losing level 4 & 5 on the last hill as the battery is going down. I bought a second charger so I can top off the battery at work so that doesn’t happen.

If you're OK with R1U, have you seen their Turris?
It's 55 lbs with a 600 WH battery....

At this kind of price, it's going to be tough to beat.....

If you're OK with R1U, have you seen their Turris?
It's 55 lbs with a 600 WH battery....

At this kind of price, it's going to be tough to beat.....
Ride 1UP impresses me as a smart hands-on company. I'm still a little mystified that they offer a Gates belt drive on their relatively affordable Roadster Gravel Edition, but not on their higher end bikes.

Back