What kit to buy

Hey there Kww1, we all need some more info to make any real recommendation. 1) o7 stumpy- full sus or hardtail? this makes a major difference in the most important part-the battery and where you mount it. 2) you looking for a hub kit or mid drive kit? do you know the difference? 3) what are you using it for? mountain climbing, commuting, or cruising down the bike path. 4) budjet $.....$$$$ you're going to have to make compromises, sorry, you can't have it all!

I have a hub drive kit on an 08 Diamondback response comp. it was expensive- $2k, the battery's heavy, it hauls a** (28mph), its bullet proof (2500 miles so far), Its an absolute blast to ride.

Hey there Kww1, we all need some more info to make any real recommendation. 1) o7 stumpy- full sus or hardtail? this makes a major difference in the most important part-the battery and where you mount it. 2) you looking for a hub kit or mid drive kit? do you know the difference? 3) what are you using it for? mountain climbing, commuting, or cruising down the bike path. 4) budjet $.....$$$$ you're going to have to make compromises, sorry, you can't have it all!

I have a hub drive kit on an 08 Diamondback response comp. it was expensive- $2k, the battery's heavy, it hauls a** (28mph), its bullet proof (2500 miles so far), Its an absolute blast to ride.

Sorry ...to ride mtb it is a full suspension and I think mid kit peddle assistance... small battery under 50 mile range is ok...China made not ok

Ok Kww1, you've made my recommendation very easy. mtb riding, +/- 50 miles, no china components: Forget a kit, get on a plane with your checkbook and go see Mr Jim Turner at Optibike in Longmont, Colorado USA. he"ll fix you right up! happy ebiking!

Sorry ...to ride mtb it is a full suspension and I think mid kit peddle assistance... small battery under 50 mile range is ok...China made not ok
If you’ll be doing 50 miles often, I recommend you don’t get a small battery and dont get a cheap one.

Purchasing a kit from a non-Chinese company is doable, but if you don’t want any parts made in China, that’s going to be nearly impossible.

Back