What is the best location for an extra battery ?

Allroads

Since having this new commuter for a few miles under by belt I'm already looking to add another battery for extra range. Only to discover which location is best, safe and out of the way.
There has to be new methods of camouflaging as to not attract attention. Any thoughts?

cover it with Lots of padding , backpack , all on tje rear rack, all secured with 3-4straps.

Backpack is the easy way out, looks so amateurish and a poor shortcut.
We all want a smarter appearance, don't you.

Best option is probably frame and bike specific. Lowest center of gravity is ideal. If the primary battery is in frame you could put the spare on top like FREY does on the EX.

Now we're talking, this makes sense. On top of existing current battery. Which one to choose is my next question.

Sounds like you have a M2S 500. Guessing there is only one replacement battery. Not sure if a spare will in the frame. Here is a quick mock up guesstimating the size of the battery. Looks tight. You might want to ask M2S if it will fit. Or if there is an easy way to disconnect the integrated battery and hook up to a third party that might be ideal.

1581984488625.png

Attachments

• 1581984479532.png
    1581984479532.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 413
Each bike is different, where ever it will fit is usually the place it ends up.

Now we're talking, this makes sense. On top of existing current battery. Which one to choose is my next question.
Sense? LOTS of single track riders use backpacks. The banging a jolting of many packs is damaging and not sustainable. Each to their own. Backpacks are quite common. I use triangle packs well padded.

Falcon EV is the nicest of the budget packs. EM3ev 2nd best. Luna's is built with cheap cardboard stiffeners
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 6.49.29 AM.png

Carry the spare as low to the ground as possible to keep the bikes center of gravity low. It's hard to beat the pannier option in this respect.

Carry the spare as low to the ground as possible to keep the bikes center of gravity low. It's hard to beat the pannier option in this respect.
Another reason I like flat foot frames, the longer wheelbase seems to mitigate the weight and balance. IME.

Back