What is different about the das-kit motors as opposed to bafang.

what? I doubt it.

Have you ever heard of an ebike motor with metal gear? It's LOUD!!!
You can easily tell by riding it, it sounds like a coffee grinder.
It doesn't have to sound like a coffee grinder. If the gear teeth are honed it meshes really smoothly. I've been making machines that make transmission gears for cars for a long time.

Yes it depends on how the gears are cut, straight cut gears like on my Ford model A are noisy compared to modern helical cut gears.

what? I doubt it.

Have you ever heard of an ebike motor with metal gear? It's LOUD!!!
You can easily tell by riding it, it sounds like a coffee grinder.
I asked that because obviously I don't know. No I've never heard a geared hub motor with metal gears. I imagine they use nylon gears to cut down on cost so its not like metal gears couldn't be used. I do know that Luna Cycles sells metal gear replacements to replace the nylon ones in the bbshd kit by Bafang. The reason I posed this question is because I read in another forum that the Das-Kit has metal gears. Just a honest question i was asking.

Bump..
I'm also interested to know. It's German designed, so I would expect it to be metal, or at least a higher quality non metal material. Anybody know what material is used?

I could be totally wrong here, but whatever it is, I think it is more durable than Bafang. I haven't read of any Das Kit motor failure here, or in the Magnum forums. Bafang I have. Then again Bafang is a larger company so more opportunity for one or two to go bad.

Either way, isn't the bike and most, or all, of the components made in China anyways? I really feel like NCM is just an office in Germany that outsources almost everything to China and *maybe* NCM has their own QA folks in China too. That's not to say it's bad quality, I've purchased some very high quality items from AliExpress before and I think NCM bikes are great, but I think that's what is going on here and that's why you get a good bike for around $1500 or less, way lower than a lot of bikes you find online.

Back