What I like to see (or wish) for the 2017 Radrover

mrgold35

Does anyone have the "inside track" on when the 2017 Radrover will hit the road and will it have any improvements or additional accessories? I really liked the minor changes to the frame and controller programming for the 2016 Radrover and just curious about 2017.

Some things I like to see as changes, options, or accessories are (no particular order):
- different frame sizes; the wife's RR is just a touch too tall for her to straddle comfortable
- hydraulic brakes option
- a few more rear gears like 8 or 9 or a front derailleur
- option for a few extra levels of PAS (PAS 2 too low and PAS 3 too much for some trail riding)
- option for a larger capacity battery 48v 13-17 amp/h
- option for brighter headlight that runs off battery
- option for rear light that runs off battery
- option for different tires if the RR is going to see mostly paved/hard packed trail duties
- option for purchasing an extended warranty

Maybe even a BBSHD mid-drive option to help balance out the weight and help with hill climbing.:p

Upgrades I'd look for;
brake lights,
more PAS sensors,
front basket option.
Removable LCD display

My wishes are

Hydraulic brakes
Smaller frame sizes or a step through
Better PAS
More gears

Better lights are always good but my biggest wants are those above

My wishes:

Hydro brakes
Speed regulated PAS levels WITH launch control (pretty much the smoothness of firmware "2" with the speed cutoff and beefy tq of firmware "1"
Black grips with white bike or tan grips with black bike (the black on white looks AWESOME as does the tan on Black - which I swapped and can verify!)
Higher capacity battery
Color LCD display
Toned down branding color (the orange is nice but a bit much at times, especially on black)
Tubeless tires?
Wheels with the awesome cut outs. I'm not sure what it's called but it's for weight reduction. Adds a bit of style to the wheel

I think I would like to add a different type of button to adjust the PAS level. I sometimes have a hard time feeling the button with winter gloves on (especially when I also have my Bar Mitt on covering the PAS button). I either press the wrong button or end up going too high or low in PAS level when I'm just trying to bump it just one level. I have to take my eyes off the road to verify the PAS level on the LCD every time I change the level, day or night.

I would like a larger upper and lower raised buttons with some type of feed-back click. Each click moves the PAS level by one level only. I don't like jumping from PAS 2 to PAS 4-5 when trail riding at night.

I would even take something like this:

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 596
Here are minor fixes I hope they include on the Rad Rover (and other models that use these parts):
  1. make the wiring connections to the headlight secure - one option could be to solder the leads to the headlight and use a plug and socket like they do for the motor/controller wiring.
  2. fix the battery receptacle protection plug so that it stays in.

You all rock! I wish I could be on the forum more often, but it is great to see so much solid real world feedback and see the community of owners develop and work together in promoting the ebike revolution. There won't be a new RadRover in 2017 however, since we made so many enhancements to the bike in 2016. Traditional bicycle OEM's like specialized and trek usually make smaller changes year after year, but we made such a massive revision in 2016 that we are locked in for a while.

I haven't got a RadRover yet. Been looking into what I want and what I can afford. I'd like to see the Rover get a Limited edition like the Voltbike Yukon 750 Limited. IE include the fenders and rack as a bundle package with a bit of a discount.

A few improvements I'd like to see:
Weather pack connection for the headlight and a more powerfull headlight with optional strobe mode.
A clock in the LCD
Ride time display on LCD
Reset button for the trip odometer, so it doesn't re-set every time the the LCD is turned off.
Toe clip option for the pedals.

A few improvements I'd like to see:
Weather pack connection for the headlight and a more powerfull headlight with optional strobe mode.
A clock in the LCD
Ride time display on LCD
Reset button for the trip odometer, so it doesn't re-set every time the the LCD is turned off.
Toe clip option for the pedals.

I hate it when the Radrover shuts off if I pause too long and it resets my trip data.:mad:

I like the option for an updated (color?) LCD screen because I use my iPhone for tracking data; but, it does get wet or dusty on rides sometimes. I even wrecked and was very lucky I didn't destroy my phone because I flipped over the bike and landed on the handlebars and ended up snapping two bolts and bending a 3rd bolt to the stem connected to the handle bar (inches from my phone mount). My phone and phone mount didn't get damage in wreck.

Does anyone have the "inside track" on when the 2017 Radrover will hit the road and will it have any improvements or additional accessories? I really liked the minor changes to the frame and controller programming for the 2016 Radrover and just curious about 2017.

Some things I like to see as changes, options, or accessories are (no particular order):
- different frame sizes; the wife's RR is just a touch too tall for her to straddle comfortable
- option for a few extra levels of PAS (PAS 2 too low and PAS 3 too much for some trail riding)
- option for different tires if the RR is going to see mostly paved/hard packed trail duties

Maybe even a BBSHD mid-drive option to help balance out the weight and help with hill climbing.:p

Regarding PAS 2/3, try changing max speed in settings to 27 km/he from the stock 32 km/hr. The difference is AMAZING! Level three becomes golden.

Regarding PAS 2/3, try changing max speed in settings to 27 km/he from the stock 32 km/hr. The difference is AMAZING! Level three becomes golden.
I am not doubting you, but don't understand the dynamics here. How does reducing max speed do anything to the PAS 2/3?

I think I would like to add a different type of button to adjust the PAS level. I sometimes have a hard time feeling the button with winter gloves on (especially when I also have my Bar Mitt on covering the PAS button). I either press the wrong button or end up going too high or low in PAS level when I'm just trying to bump it just one level. I have to take my eyes off the road to verify the PAS level on the LCD every time I change the level, day or night.

I would like a larger upper and lower raised buttons with some type of feed-back click. Each click moves the PAS level by one level only. I don't like jumping from PAS 2 to PAS 4-5 when trail riding at night.

I would even take something like this:
Another option would be to adjust the PAS by turning the left handle, just like the right handle adjusts the throttle.

The price would definitely raise up another 600$ no doubt

The price would definitely raise up another 600$ no doubt

I'm thinking they would be options you can check during checkout. You can add as much or as little you want from the base Radrover. I just added different tires and brighter front/rear lights and that was over $300+time to install. That was $300 that went to someone else instead of Rad Power Bikes. It kinda suck having to ride on the Kenda for +1000 miles before I switched to the Vee8.

Back