What do I need for my new bike?

I never thought of that, and I do not have any, thanks!
Id first try it without padded shorts to see what you think about the seat. I hate the ‘diaper’ look and feel and haven’t needed them with my Serfas E-Gel seat.
CFB581B7-79EF-489D-9EDE-F5EBC1D044E8.jpeg

There are also a lot of accessories that you'll inevitably want at home even if you don't carry them:
  1. A really good floor pump.
  2. Chain lubricant.
  3. Brushes for cleaning the bike. Some people like automotive wheel brushes.
  4. A big tube of grease.
  5. A big tube of binding paste (do not confuse 4 with 5).
  6. Shop towels.
  7. A big toolbox for all of the tools and gadgets you will accumulate in the coming years.
Ok, I’ll bite. Binding paste?

So, binding paste as in BOOK binding paste? I’ve never needed anything other than the original hardware that came with my seats to keep them in adjustment.

Here is what I have bought so far...its alot! (Affiliate Links to Amazon plus item number if you want to avoid using the link)

Bike Trunk - B08GKXFRRW -

Mini First Aid Kit - B0747N5KDM

Fat Tire Bike Tube (20.0 x 4.0) - B07NDVXKSB

Spoke Relfectors - B081XHHYVW

Tire Slime - B000ENSRS0

Tire Gauge - B000ET6ZNS

Bell - B08LGPLTL3

Bottle Holder - B089B18CMR

Bar End Mirror - B07Z4VQFNB

GoPro Mount - B07K2NR2GN

Bike Multitool - B07GWF9B1Y

Handle Bar Cover - B07HMRSBDB

Full Gloves, Padded - B08419M24R

Cell Phone Holder - B08D8WN7NT

Mini Bike Pump - B08D99HRVX

Bike Tire Spoons - B07GFPVT7C

I am still shopping....

You need a bike trailer to haul all that, then a second battery because of the loss of range due to the weight of the trailer.

And so I goes!:oops:

I think a lot of things are “your area dependent”, also where and how you intend to ride.

After looking and trying over a dozen saddles I ran on to this one . I had seen it and ignored it because of the price but finally decided to try it anyway . I now have two of them .
Amazon.com : Promend Oversized Comfort Bike Seat Comfortable Replacement Bike Saddle Memory Foam Soft Bike Saddle Waterproof Universal Fit Bicycle Seat for Women Men : Sports & Outdoors
Had one of these for a very long time When the stitching started to fail I covered it with leather. Couple
days ago the joint where the rails met in front snapped from metal fatigue, My spare doesn´t have memory foam,
just a lot of foam rebound. I hate that, but it will break down in a couple of years. It´s got really good springs

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but you should (in my opinion) always wear glasses of some sort. Plastic not glass, obviously. I have some with interchangeable lenses so I use dark for the summer and clear or yellow for those grey winter days with poor light (I'm in the UK, we have those occasionally). Getting hit at 20mph by a fly in the eye - or worse, a bit of gravel thrown up by a car - is not going to make your day.

Back