Water Bottle for Aventure?

Katzenjammer

Region
USA
Anyone have a water bottle mounted on an Aventure? I found one on the Aventon website that is not getting good reviews and there's really nothing that says how it's mounted. I'm in Arizona so this is really important. Thanks.

Anyone have a water bottle mounted on an Aventure? I found one on the Aventon website that is not getting good reviews and there's really nothing that says how it's mounted. I'm in Arizona so this is really important. Thanks.
Use some Topeak products or similar to mount one on the seat tube. I use VersaMounts every week on bikes. You can also get a handlebar holder for a cup or water bottle. I have a coffee cup holder on one of my commuter bikes.

Now that I actually have the bike I found that the cage from my Trek hybrid fits on the down tube of the Aventure just fine. Tight quarters tightening up the attachments but it works fine.

I became dehydrated the other day. This is very dangerous. You cannot pee or sweat when this happens. You can go into shock. I advocate for water bottles this Summer.

I became dehydrated the other day. This is very dangerous. You cannot pee or sweat when this happens. You can go into shock. I advocate for water bottles this Summer.
I bought a lunch box from Costco. It has 2 ice walls and holds 3 bottles. It's handle snaps over the handle bars.
Actually with e-bike I don't work as hard uphill, up wind and my average 32 mile trip is 1 hour shorter.
I did a 28 mile trip on an organic powered bike at 107 degrees 2 years ago. I was dragging 2 miles from home. Stopped to rest and a pickup truck stopped to offer to haul me home. The passenger in the pickup was a wilderness M.D. from Wyoming. He gave me a lecture on heat index.

My new Rail 5 has a small area for a water bottle. I ended up getting side-entry cage and a kid-size water bottle. Works for now but I'm thinking about a two-bottle system for longer trips. Better access and more water.

The Level dowsn't have a mount either, which really, wth Aventon... seems like an easy add.

Regardless, I added a water bottle cage using two sided tape and two zip ties. It was only meant to be a temporary solution, but it worked so well, is so sturdy, I've left it in place and used the velcro strap bottle mount I purchased from Amazon for a different purpose.

Here is the cage mounted. The two sided sticky tape is key as the zip ties alone still allow for some slight slippage, but the tape really holds it in place - along with the zip ties.

The bottle fits in there just right...

Attachments

• 20210721_230453.jpg
    20210721_230453.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 20210712_201759.jpg
    20210712_201759.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 484
Back