Warranty battery replacement for Specialized Turbo Como.

landonphd

Region
USA
Hi everyone,
I have a Specialized Turbo Como. I LOVE this bike except the battery stopped recharging. My bike shop has been super helpful working through troubleshooting and warranty matters with Specialized. Specialized is replacing the battery under the warranty. (Thank you, Specialized!)

However, they told my bike shop that the battery wouldn't be available until mid to late September 2021. I want to take Specialized at their word because I know that the pandemic has affected supply chain and manufacturing, but this doesn't exactly add up to me. How can they not have batteries in stock?

Does anyone have any insight or information on this situation or how to possibly speed up the process of getting a new battery under the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

BTW, somewhere on this site, while I was researching buying my bike, I found the advice "buy an electric bike that you can ride without electric assistance." Best advice, ever. My Como is ride-able without assistance but not as fun to ride as with battery assistance.

Hi everyone,
I have a Specialized Turbo Como. I LOVE this bike except the battery stopped recharging. My bike shop has been super helpful working through troubleshooting and warranty matters with Specialized. Specialized is replacing the battery under the warranty. (Thank you, Specialized!)

However, they told my bike shop that the battery wouldn't be available until mid to late September 2021. I want to take Specialized at their word because I know that the pandemic has affected supply chain and manufacturing, but this doesn't exactly add up to me. How can they not have batteries in stock?

Does anyone have any insight or information on this situation or how to possibly speed up the process of getting a new battery under the warranty?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

BTW, somewhere on this site, while I was researching buying my bike, I found the advice "buy an electric bike that you can ride without electric assistance." Best advice, ever. My Como is ride-able without assistance but not as fun to ride as with battery assistance.
Probably not something either Specialized or the dealer would like but moving a battery from an existing model (for sale) to yours???

Probably not something either Specialized or the dealer would like but moving a battery from an existing model (for sale) to yours???
Thanks for your response. My bike shop suggested this but said they don't have an existing Specialized Como to use for the trade. Dang!

Back