Wallke W-PAS 50% regeneration?

@Rizzo20 I confirmed with Wallke HQ the following and I apologize on their behalf of any confusion that was generated.

Why is the transmission not Altus, but Torney?

Due to the severe effect of coronavirus, the import of Shimano Altus was affected and shipment delayed. In order not to delay the production and delivery time of August Batch, we made a small diversion to Torney, also a very good quality shimano product. It is completely the same as the original one in function. We will change back the parameters in our next batch due to ship end of Sept.

Why is the motor label showed 48V500xxxx?

There is an error on the label of the motor when it left the factory. The motor cell is actually 750 W. When we found the error on the motor, the bikes were already packaged for shipping. The problem is that the label was misprinted but the performance is completely consistent as designed on a 750W. If we made a changes to the label, it would have delayed another three months. We don't think that the customers would want to wait for such a long time. Therefore,we kept the original label and we will print the right label on the motor in our next batch.

Hope this helps clear things up.

That's no okay unless they approved the transmission swap with each buyer before shipping.

@Rizzo20 I confirmed with Wallke HQ the following and I apologize on their behalf of any confusion that was generated.

Due to the severe effect of coronavirus, the import of Shimano Altus was affected and shipment delayed. In order not to delay the production and delivery time of August Batch, we made a small diversion to Torney, also a very good quality shimano product. It is completely the same as the original one in function. We will change back the parameters in our next batch due to ship end of Sept.

There is an error on the label of the motor when it left the factory. The motor cell is actually 750 W. When we found the error on the motor, the bikes were already packaged for shipping. The problem is that the label was misprinted but the performance is completely consistent as designed on a 750W. If we made a changes to the label, it would have delayed another three months. We don't think that the customers would want to wait for such a long time. Therefore,we kept the original label and we will print the right label on the motor in our next batch.

Xplore, thank you for the clarification. However, it does not change the fact that I received lesser value components that are not working well with each other because they aren't correct. Please read the PM I just sent you so we can get this corrected.

I just ordered a Matte Green bike because it is currently in stock. What parts will be on it? I'm hoping Atlas. If not, I'd rather wait for the late September stock.

Xplore, thank you for the clarification. However, it does not change the fact that I received lesser value components that are not working well with each other because they aren't correct. Please read the PM I just sent you so we can get this corrected.
@Rizzo Yes I replied to you and @MaxBlack will respond. Sorry for the miscommunication, it was not intentional, simply a result of Covid impact on business.

@Rizzo Yes I replied to you and @MaxBlack will respond. Sorry for the miscommunication, it was not intentional, simply a result of Covid impact on business.

Thank you Explore! I have full confidence together we can get this figured out. In the meantime I'm trying to avoid the gears that aren't working properly and have manged to get over 105 miles on my X3 Pro today! IMG_20200902_145055 (2).jpg

Im closing in on 100 miles and the gear shifting is sloppy, noisy and jerky. I'm going to watch that video LGC posted a link to and see if it helps.

My bike also came with the entry level Tourney derailuer. It also says for 6/7 speed but we have an 8 speed cassette. It really pisses me off because the 2 biggest reviews that sold me on the bike both had the Altus derailuer.
View attachment 64095View attachment 64096
I'm trying to get Wallke to replace the Tourney derailluer - any luck? I'm going round and round 3 emails so far. I've tried watching the video and tuning - its not made for the 8 speed transmission and won't reliably make the shift through the different gears as intended sometime it may work in 0 on a flat with light load, but power up to 1, 2, 3 on grades up/down its skips gears hops around and just randomly shifts.

I'm trying to get Wallke to replace the Tourney derailluer - any luck?

Well, Ive had a little luck I guess but its far from satisfactory. Out of all the things that Ive question and shown via pictures and screenshots of the Amazon ad, the only thing I can get them to"commit" to is sending me an Altus derailleur. I use the "" quotation marks because the Altus is not in my hand yet. Not to mention when it is in my hand I have to actually remove the scrap Tourney and install the Altus on my own time. Not real happy about that.

One thing I refuse to do is beg, plead,hound, or trade messages back in forth to get what I paid for. I will give you all the proof possible and one chance to make it right. After that, you have to accept all of my criticisms from that point forth and you have lost my business forever.

Well, Ive had a little luck I guess but its far from satisfactory. Out of all the things that Ive question and shown via pictures and screenshots of the Amazon ad, the only thing I can get them to"commit" to is sending me an Altus derailleur. I use the "" quotation marks because the Altus is not in my hand yet. Not to mention when it is in my hand I have to actually remove the scrap Tourney and install the Altus on my own time. Not real happy about that.

One thing I refuse to do is beg, plead,hound, or trade messages back in forth to get what I paid for. I will give you all the proof possible and one chance to make it right. After that, you have to accept all of my criticisms from that point forth and you have lost my business forever.
Seriously, you’re right I’m at my end over this and my full review will include the complete experience, so it’s up to them. I’m glad wallke has committed to send and hope you get it soon. Looking forward to hearing about that. I’m fairly mechanical but I’ve spent more time fixing problems than riding the bike at this point For an $1800 bike I expect it to be better. My other half decide to go with a RADMINI 4. more city riding and lower to ground, packaged well, and good components, Seattle based - but late October. Has fenders and rack options.

I just got my bike, and generally am happy, but I got the Tourney derailleur and not the Altus. How do I get this rectified? The bike doesn’t shift correctly, randomly changes gears, skips gears etc. Thanks in advance for any help!

I just got my bike, and generally am happy, but I got the Tourney derailleur and not the Altus. How do I get this rectified? The bike doesn’t shift correctly, randomly changes gears, skips gears etc. Thanks in advance for any help!
Contact Wallke - they are emailed me and said they would replace... still haven't received but we shall see. will post when I get my DHL tracking

Contact Wallke - they are emailed me and said they would replace... still haven't received but we shall see. will post when I get my DHL tracking
When did they tell you they would replace it, how long has it been?

Thanks for the reply

I'd like to turn scenarios like this into a "what's the best customer service option?" exercise.

If you were Wallke, what would you do?

a. Send a replacement derailleur
b. Credit the buyer the cost of the replacement derailleur
c. Other

I'd think I take b because that gives the customer options. Maybe they are happy with the Tourney and would prefer the discount.

I don't know enough about bikes to determine if there is a big difference between Altus and Tourney. They are both at the bottom of the Shimano line and all my non-ebikes have Tourney and seem to work just fine.

Thanks for the reply
a few days ago, we are clearing up a different issue - front brake alignment grinding noise possibly from bent fork since the shipping bolt was not attached but i think I've got that addressed. Seriously I live in SF and would have driven to ontario to pick up the bike to avoid the issues. But I am very happy with the bike.

I'd like to turn scenarios like this into a "what's the best customer service option?" exercise.

If you were Wallke, what would you do?

a. Send a replacement derailleur
b. Credit the buyer the cost of the replacement derailleur
c. Other

I'd think I take b because that gives the customer options. Maybe they are happy with the Tourney and would prefer the discount.

I don't know enough about bikes to determine if there is a big difference between Altus and Tourney. They are both at the bottom of the Shimano line and all my non-ebikes have Tourney and seem to work just fine.
If I were Wallke, I'd provide the customer with a functioning Altus derailluer as advertised and designed for the 8 speed cassette/transmission and not a 6-7 Speed Tourney... (and they are doing this...)

in my scenario the Tourney 6-7 (mentioned in previous posts) is not working properly, changes gears on its own sometimes and chatters, skips and hops.

At 26", I have confirmed that the bike's speedometer matches my phone's GPS. But nothing to lose, in trying 28" today, if the rain holds off.

I've been overly concerned about catching a flat, since I pulled several, small variants of the infamous goat head thorn from my tires the other day. I've got on order a compact foot pump and tire levers. I opted (for now) to not attach the rear rack; this then presents a challenge, as to where to mount a bag. I've found this EDC bag fits nicely between the handlebar and the cables, without impeding the movement of said cables.
View attachment 49409
think i got the same front bag as yours !! somebody the other day asked me it this was some type of military/police bike lol

Thanks for the reply
i emailed customer service ([email protected]) on aug 24 and asked politely about getting the altus derailluer. they emailed me back on oct 8. saying that the tourney is reliable, it is compatible with the 8 speed cassette, yadda-yadda-yadda. i insisted on getting the altus. they asked for my order number, address and phone number.

my altus derailluer arrived on friday 10/16 . DHL from china.

installed it on saturday. watched some youtube vids on how to configure it from park tool -- huge difference compared to the tourney. smoother and accurate gear changes.

Last edited:
Please kindly contact us with your order number, address and phone number, which will help us confirm your order.
We have no extra Altus parts in our warehouse, so the package will be shipped from our China production fatory. I will upload a video on how to change the deruilluer(Wallke Youtube Channel).

Back