Wabash RT - Best Bike

Nico

Region
USA
I’ve had my Wabash RT for just over a month now and it has been a game changer for me. I’m coming off a Trek Domane, carbon. Coming off a knee replacement, shoulder replacement. Coming off a 2013 Trek dual suspension ‘9er (the heavy one).

This bike has replaced my two bikes and I’m riding places I couldn’t before, technical single track not included.

I replaced those wide bars with FSA carbon drops off my Domane. Specialized seat, SPD pedals. I tried the egg beaters and may try again but most of my riding is road and the SPD’s seem to work well for me. I immediately changed to tubeless.

My bars are short and fat so have not fingered a way to mount the drop post lever on the bar. The mount will not fit around my fat diameter bar and have not seen a “fat” bar mount lever on line. Will try to fabricate one.

I struggled with climbs but now seek them out. Truth be told (don’t tell anyone) I’m 20 years older than when I started riding in my 50’s.

The motor makes up tor the extra weight. The Shimano GRX 1by drive train works so well for me. I ride roads my Domane would have broken on. I can now ride at 15 mph (a sweet spot for me) where I just could not sustain before. And 20 mph! Finally I can ride like the “big boys” do. Such a joy!

Attachments

• PXL_20220826_174925416.jpg
    PXL_20220826_174925416.jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 222
I’ve had my Wabash RT for just over a month now and it has been a game changer for me. I’m coming off a Trek Domane, carbon. Coming off a knee replacement, shoulder replacement. Coming off a 2013 Trek dual suspension ‘9er (the heavy one).

This bike has replaced my two bikes and I’m riding places I couldn’t before, technical single track not included.

I replaced those wide bars with FSA carbon drops off my Domane. Specialized seat, SPD pedals. I tried the egg beaters and may try again but most of my riding is road and the SPD’s seem to work well for me. I immediately changed to tubeless.

My bars are short and fat so have not fingered a way to mount the drop post lever on the bar. The mount will not fit around my fat diameter bar and have not seen a “fat” bar mount lever on line. Will try to fabricate one.

I struggled with climbs but now seek them out. Truth be told (don’t tell anyone) I’m 20 years older than when I started riding in my 50’s.

The motor makes up tor the extra weight. The Shimano GRX 1by drive train works so well for me. I ride roads my Domane would have broken on. I can now ride at 15 mph (a sweet spot for me) where I just could not sustain before. And 20 mph! Finally I can ride like the “big boys” do. Such a joy!
I have a bunch of replacement parts in me as well and I like to say to my friends that I'm 10 younger than I was 10 years ago (just before I got my first ebike💪). I'm in a serious race with the grim reaper. He will win, but for now I'm in the lead!

Welcome!

I don't have any replacement parts. I'm just missing parts in my abdomen and neck, but my ebike makes up for it, as well as my age. We no longer have excuses like high headwinds (30 mph gusts in my area today) or hills. We just go and have fun!

Back