VoltBike Trio from Facebook Page

Calicoskies

Did not see this over here so thought I would post, looks similar to the Yukon but a trike. VoltBike did confirm only a 500 Watt front hub motor. Also being discussed on the FaceBook VoltBike Yukon Owner Group.

We are very excited to announce the arrival of our latest cargo bike VoltBike Trio! This trike will extend our lineup of fat bikes offering cargo carrying ability. Full specification on the bike will be released in the next few days on our website. It will be available for purchase in limited quantities on July.7. Featuring enormous 16Ah Li-ion battery pack to carry your cargo wherever you plan to go.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Dual battery as well would be a good addition to the 750W motor, just my idea of building a real work horse...

VoltBike said 320 rider and 110 in basket so think that means 430 lbs. full specs out soon. I told George why not the 750 to cover everyone's needs, he did not comment. Maybe thinking is to upgrade that in a year to create their yearly new model. Pricing soon but will guess $1899 US with a always lower blowout price.

Trio up on website at Voltbike. Shows 750 watt motor in specs. My price prediction was exact from a month ago. Pretty similar specs from the Yukon 750. Front Kenda Gigas 24x4" and rear Kenda Gigas 20x4" with 60TPI. All and all not bad if you are looking at this type ride, would be my first choice without looking at more details. Six speed not seven.

I have started to look at this Voltbike Trio as an alternative to an electric mobility scooter. I have some mobility but am not able to walk long distances. I enjoy going out to take pictures along the various bike paths in the area and along the Niagara Parkway and surrounding area.

I want the extra storage this affords compared to some of the mobility scooters. I also like the possibility of getting some exercise. My only concern is the comfort of the seat for longer periods of time. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It looks like it has the same seat my yukon 750 LT has. It is not bad but you could always switch out the seat for something better or get a gel seat cover like I have.

It looks like it has the same seat my yukon 750 LT has. It is not bad but you could always switch out the seat for something better or get a gel seat cover like I have.
Thanks Balemonkey ... I'll be looking into that today. I'd almost like to have something similar to the "captain chairs" on a mobility scooter, but smaller so that the circulation in my legs and "other areas" isn't cut off. I also plan to take a small folding camp chair on my day trips so that would provide some relief when I stop to take pictures as well.

If you look at picture blown up and appears to be one on the rear (DISC). My question would be hydraulic like its big brother the Yukon. Not a expert but would think k that would be plenty of stopping power with the two disc setup.

If you look at picture blown up and appears to be one on the rear (DISC). My question would be hydraulic like its big brother the Yukon. Not a expert but would think k that would be plenty of stopping power with the two disc setup.
Sometimes the one rear disk is designed to stop only one wheel and sometimes it's set up to stop both. On a couple of different brands of fat trike there is a separate disk for each rear wheel activated by a split brake cable.

While any of these setups might have "great stopping power", only the setups that brake BOTH rear wheels equally will execute a hard panic stop in a straight line without severely pulling the trike in an unexpected turn increasing the likelihood of a spill. With these trikes reported to be exceedingly easy to flip over, the more straight line the braking is, the better.

Modern motorcyles that have 3 wheels use the pair up front. While I have never driven the Trio and it looks awesome, I have serious reservations about its handling in that configuration. It would probably handle better with a heavy load in the rear basket.

Last edited:
Modern motorcyles that have 3 wheels use the pair up front. While I have never driven the Trio and it looks awesome, I have serious reservations about its handling in that configuration.
Yeah, I understand you need to be careful with the fat trike configuration. That's why I don't want poorly designed rear brakes pulling in unwanted directions. Stability is already bad enough.

It would be interesting to see a 4 wheel version ...the Quattro! But check this trike out;
There IS a Custom made Version on YouTube ! An Engineer Designed a 4 Wheel Fatbike . Basically Two Yukon style Fatbikes Welded Parallel with a Seat in the Center. It Was designed for a Young Handicapped woman wanting a Heavy Duty Bike, instead of a Wheelchair. ?

Thanks for the explanation of the rear brakes, did not know two was a option. Not a expert but would think the one in the middle connected to the axle to slow the bike down evenly makes sense. I guess you need to make sure that is the design they use. The front brake is doing most of the work. Think the other questions you asked have been answered on the couple of threads going. Pedals are removed for picture, they come with them.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert either...just an obsessive researcher with too much time on my hands.

That is the first time I've seen a photo of a peddleless new bike displayed on a marketing web site. Made me wonder.

Last edited:
Back