Volt Bike Mariner 2016: So far so happy! Observations as they happen.

Hi, Could somebody post a photograph of the rear brake caliper set up please. Specifically the way the brake caliper is mounted to the frame with the spacer bracket. Thank you!

I purchased Volt Mariner 2018 yesterday. Looking for some help with optimal settings that people have tried and used here without any issue. I am looking for speed using throttle. Appreciate, if you can share your settings.

As of now, I have left everything to default setting. In my test this morning, I was able to reach speed of 30kms using throttle. If, I can increase the speed to 40kms, I will be very happy.

Thanks

RL

Last edited:
4 Years later.. Bike still works!

BATTERIES: (and yes I have two) have both put on more than 7,000km's each. I recently encountered a major drop in power. A fully charged battery will still last ~40km in one go (running on levels 4-5 out of 9) but it does turn off if pulling over ~ 350 Watts. The threshold lowers, the more the battery charge is used. I am attempting to alter the cut off in Watts in the settings so the bike doesn't power off. The down side is that the upper speeds are going to be limited especially when climbing hills. My last 10km trip had the bike cut out/power off 4 times. It now takes longer to get from A to B.

STRUCTURE/FRAME: I believe the achilles heel of this bike is at the neck of the bike where the front fork connects to the frame of the bike. Mine has gained play over time due to the type of metal (soft, I think) it's constructed from. This causes the front wheel to pull to the left and right and make the rider less stable. I am not sure if this is a fixable option, or if it's worth fixing but something to consider if buying.. Maybe they have fixed this in the many many changes since. In my bike's version, it might last awhile but maybe not a long while. My bf's bike had this issue start earlier ~5000km's than mine due to an accident and more force being put on the front handle bars.

MECHANICAL: Brakes.. I just wish they were better.. and not so squeaky.. but maybe that's just mechanical disc brakes for ya.

Back