Voilamart, 1000w, stuck on full power. How do I reprogram the controller ?

glynnejones

Region
United Kingdom
I’ve just built this ebike. 1000W front wheel motor ,voilamart, SW900 display, thumb throttle. There are several problems.

1 It is supposed to have 8 power levels but only has full power. Pushing the buttons to raise or lower the power has no effect on the output. It stays on full.

2 I have to pedal one or two turns before the power kicks in.

3 the power continues to push for about one second after stopping pedaling, scary

4 there is no error showing

I have another e bike 500w which I built years ago and works perfectly, similar setup.

Could it be a re-programing issue for the controller and how would I go about fixing it. I know how to put it in edit mode. Any ideas?

Probably a bad SW900 display or a bad button switch. I've owned one SW900 and even though it worked properly, I think it's a crummy display.

I've had a 1000w voilamart rear hub for two years now. Be aware, the power is always all or nothing with PAS. My assist levels only change the speed at which the motor cuts out, not the actual power delivered. I had the same thoughts as you when I first got my kit, it's nothing like the mid drives I ride.

My PAS kicks in pretty quick, sometimes takes a 1/2 turn, but usually it's pretty instant. There are times it continues to power the motor after I stop for a second or two. If you're not using brake cutouts, you're asking for trouble.

In the end, this is a great budget kit, with quite a few limitations. Don't expect anything more when you're paying $200 for a ebike kit.

Back