Velocare Protection Plan

paraganek

Just wondering if someone has any experience with Velocare.
Thinking about their 3 year plan for $165.
Considering my daily commute which is quite demanding on my bike something can wear out sooner then expected.
Are the repairs under their plans hassle free ?

Daniel

They don't say anything about eBikes. Then they say, "Does not cover frame, brake pads, tires and tubes, or batteries" So you are paying $165 for them to replace a couple of $20 chains? They also say "Parts failure does not cover regular maintenance, damage resulting from lack of maintenance, or abuse" All they have to say is you didn't keep the chain lubed correctly and they won't even cover that. Looks too open to interpretation to me, but no experience with them.

They don't say anything about eBikes. Then they say, "Does not cover frame, brake pads, tires and tubes, or batteries" So you are paying $165 for them to replace a couple of $20 chains? They also say "Parts failure does not cover regular maintenance, damage resulting from lack of maintenance, or abuse" All they have to say is you didn't keep the chain lubed correctly and they won't even cover that. Looks too open to interpretation to me, but no experience with them.

Valid points. That's why I am still hesitant. Curious to find out if someone has an actual experience with them.

Back