Vado 5.0 Motor Error Message

GuruUno

Received a "Motor Error" message during the start of my morning bike ride. Pulled over, turned off the bike, turned it back on, message went away, bike operated normally.
Is this something that I should have concern about or is it just the way it is?
Are there any 'logs' that have indication other than the error that will give insight as to what may have caused the error?
Has anyone else ever got that message, and was it never again or was it a precursor to events to be coming down the road?

Attachments

• Motor Error.png
    Motor Error.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 611
When you say "during the start of my morning ride" were you riding when this happened or as you turned the bike on? Check Mission Control Diagnostics to see if there are any messages.

I turned the bike on, started Mission Control, hopped on and got 2 blocks and realized something did not feel right. When I stopped, I looked at the display and saw the error message.
I'll go out to the garage in a few to turn the bike on to view anything in the diagnostics......

Mission Control Diagnostics is only a function via the app to "send" the data to a 'higher level' recipient, and it failed. Is there some other place I should be looking for the data you reference?

Start Mission Control (connected to the bike) select Diagnose. The very 1st item is "System Status". If it has a green check everything is ok and no errors exist.

Make sure battery is all the way clicked in. These batteries often require an extra push after you think it has been clicked in. That being said, there are also motor problems with the new motors as I have one currently at LBS awaiting replacement which is painfully slow during pandemic in USA. Specialized cannot be reached by telephone for Customercare during pandemic which I find quite annoying. Best of luck.

I have never, ever, at any time needed to or choose to remove the battery.
Are you indicating it can work its way loose from its locked position?

Which model bike are you riding. Mine is a new 2020 5.0 turbo. Not necessary to remove but should you remove it you may have this issue. It is common and spoken about in many reviews of the bike including @Court review.

Mine too is a 2020 5.0 (actually 2021 I think, as I had posted when I got mine:
Got my new ride today, went to the Specialized site to register it as well as to add it to my Velosure insurance policy, and the Specialized site upon entering the serial number states it is a 2021 model.

Hate to tell you but welcome to Specialized. I got that message earlier today too and get it from time to time. Turn the bike off and back on again and it runs fine. I’ve had 2 Vado 4s and it did it on both. Have repeatedly had my bike shop plug it into diagnostics and nothing comes up. It doesn’t even concern me anymore, you’ll get used to it!

Back