Vado 3 motor lifespan? Options?

lewes5

By the end of the year, I should have about 9k miles on my Vado3.0. I believe it’s a 2017 model year. Still on the original battery. (Oh crap, did I just jinx myself?). I love this bike; I have it set up perfectly with shorten bars, modified cassette and larger chain ring. I’m riding on average, about 85 miles a week now.

Does anyone in the group have a realistic idea of lifespan (Miles) of the Vado motor? There are absolutely no symptoms that anything is amiss or failing (another jinx?). But this question has been in-the back of my mind lately as I am riding.

I’m hoping the dealer can simply slap in a new 3.0 motor when the time come. I hesitate to consider a 5.0 motor because of necessary system software mods.
Your thoughts, experiences and recommendations most welcome.

Thank you

Ha was wondering that myself, I have done over 14000km on my 2017 Vado 3 about the same as you with the original motor. I have had the belt changed on the motor recently, apparently a scheduled service my lbs told me needed to be done between 10-15k km. I asked for the old belt back as I wanted to see the wear and it looked in good shape to me. I think there is plenty left in the motor yet!

Back