VADO 3.0 confusion between year old bike and new bike

The other confusion mentioned by the OP is that the 2019 models are referred to as "Men's" and "Women's" where the 2020s are listed in the style "Vado 3.0" and "Vado 3.0 Step-thru", which is a better way to do it since many women ride high-bar frames and some men -- especially if older or with a disability -- prefer a step-thru. I know that I can't easily swing my leg up to clear the seat without leaning the bike over, and starting off with one foot on the left pedal is not recommended on an e-bike.

Caution, nothing is quite as it seems when it comes to the old vs. new Vado 3.0's. For example, though new Vado 3 is advertised on the Specialized site was having a 1.2"E" motor and suggested to be a Class 1 (20 mph), nonetheless there are several validated (with photos) reports of customers actually buy the new Vado 3's, at the reduced price, that are Class 3's and perform as Class 3's though they otherwise are as spec'd new models.

Go figure.
Yup. I have a 2020 Vado 3.0 and was able to hit 29.6 mph with no apparent cut-off at 20mph. No way I could've pedaled at 29mph without some type of assist. The sticker which came with my bike was for a "Class 1" bike. Very confusing. Less torque but not "governed" as a Class 1 bike. Ok with me, good to know the 2020 Vado 3.0 has the capability if one really needs it. I have to admit the Vado, with at 45+ pounds on it feels stable at speed but I would not want to go OTB or crash at 29mph. Ouch or worse.

I need help identifying the motor on a bike. It is a Vado 3.0, in the light grey color (almost white). It has the Deore rear derailleur. I haven't been able to check the battery, but I'm going to assume it has the 460WH. The person who has it says it is a 2020 model, but I highly doubt it. First, the 2020's didn't come in that light grey (almost white) color. Second, the 2020 3.0 has Alivio, not Deore. I'm guessing this is a 2019. Does anyone know if this bike might have the 2019 have the 1.2 Motor (not the 1.2E)? Does is have the bloks display or the newer one compatible with Mission Control?

All I can tell you is that my 2019 Como 3s have the 1.2E motor and smaller battery, TCD display, and an Alivio shifter. If you can connect to the bike with a Mission Control account on your phone, i think you can verify model year.

I need help identifying the motor on a bike. It is a Vado 3.0, in the light grey color (almost white). It has the Deore rear derailleur. I haven't been able to check the battery, but I'm going to assume it has the 460WH. The person who has it says it is a 2020 model, but I highly doubt it. First, the 2020's didn't come in that light grey (almost white) color. Second, the 2020 3.0 has Alivio, not Deore. I'm guessing this is a 2019. Does anyone know if this bike might have the 2019 have the 1.2 Motor (not the 1.2E)? Does is have the bloks display or the newer one compatible with Mission Control?

What's the serial number? I'll check the Specialized dealer site.

Thanks!
Sn#. Wsbc002108394p
2021 Vado 4.0, congrats on the free upgrade!

1605808497958.png

Back