Vado 3.0 Battery Life

CraigR

I just purchased a Vado 3.0 and after a couple weeks of use I've noticed the battery life is less than I expected. I'm getting around 32 - 34 miles and then needing to recharge. I mostly ride in "sport" mode, but use "eco" at times as well. I occasionally use turbo mode, but it's probably only 10% of my riding. The estimated low end of the range is supposed to be 35 miles and assume that would mean a lot of riding in turbo, which I'm not doing. What are other people getting as far as miles between charges? Could I be having a battery or system probem?

I just purchased a Vado 3.0 and after a couple weeks of use I've noticed the battery life is less than I expected. I'm getting around 32 - 34 miles and then needing to recharge. I mostly ride in "sport" mode, but use "eco" at times as well. I occasionally use turbo mode, but it's probably only 10% of my riding. The estimated low end of the range is supposed to be 35 miles and assume that would mean a lot of riding in turbo, which I'm not doing. What are other people getting as far as miles between charges? Could I be having a battery or system probem?
On Specialized.com ( us site) the information about Vado 3.0 says it comes with a 460Wh battery. Range in Eco mode is estimated to be 70miles and in Sport 30 miles. This is for flat terrain, rider/bike weight max 220lb, no wind or light breeze. They do not say anything about average speed.
My Vado 4 is EU model with 16mph as max speed before power cut off and I’ve managed to get 53miles (85km) using 4 of the 5 bars. ( 504Wh battery) Almost all miles were in Eco mode, windy but I did ride slowly some of those miles not at all trying to go 16mph on flat ground all the time.
I think that’s ok. Not fantastic but ok.
I can understand you want Sport mode if you want to go over 20mph most of the time. Sport mode and speed will consume battery.
For my speeds Eco mode is fine for most of the time with Sport for short periods during some ascents. I use the gears a lot.

Last edited:
That sounds about right, I weigh 250, and a 25 miles round trip commute pretty much exhausts the battery well down to 1 bar. Riding on about 40% eco, 40% sport and 20% turbo. Stock Vado 3.0 is spec so I average about 18mph

Got 35 miles (55km) from my 2017 Vado 3 w original 460whr battery on the flat, original tyres, eco mode <25km/hr, no head wind. After that averaging ~40km hilly commute to/from work, before needing to recharge. Nowhere near the 75km Specialized claimed I would get originally. They obviously didn't test it here?? I'll put my hand up to test any future models they develop, in real world conditions down under and let you know how it goes :)

Have a Como 3.0 504wh battery...have about 30 miles on it and I am on 4/5 bars...the way I ride is I turn off the motor on the flats at times and when going down hill and primarily use it on hills...will see how far I can travel that way

Back