Used E - bike Questions

Russsel

Region
USA
Hello, I recently purchased a used ENGWE MBT26 bike but due to cold weather and roads, I only rode it in the driveway. it has a shift lever on the right to change gears. On the left side is a meter with a + and - Could someone tell me what this is used for? I am new to e-bikes and don't understand it. I thought it was to make the bike go faster But like I said I did not get to ride it that much Here is a picture of the meter. Also is this a pedal-assist bike? Thank you for any information you could give me

Attachments

• shimano meter.jpg
    shimano meter.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
That is the control to shift gears. If you have a hub drive bike, it will not change anything performance or speed wise. With a mid drive the gear selector will make a difference as you are peddling.

You must be pedaling in order to shift gears. That is a $2.50 wholesale shifter used on only the lowest of the low-end bikes. The button is for up shifting. The lever for down shifting. If you are using a throttle with a hub drive it doesn't matter what gear you are in because hub-drives' motors are single speed. That is why they cannot do sustained climbs.

Reactions: rtp
Back