Update re: RockShox/SRAM fork, looking at 4 months (maybe longer) for parts

GuruUno

Summarized:
(previous postings here can refer to descriptions specific to this issue)
After the defective fork was removed by LBS and received by SRAM on 6/8, I was told that it would be 3-4 weeks (8/10 or so) to get repaired/replaced.
As of today, I'm told to expect another 3-4 weeks, possibly longer, before they have required parts to fix or replace.
That's 4 months if it goes to August.
(due to parts constraints, etc., etc.)
Due to Specialized Como 5.0/Vado 5.0 having a "not normal" fork, but rather a "custom configuration", there are no spare parts.
I provided my Como 5.0 fork as a "donor" to use the fork for my wife's bike so she can ride. (I have a Vado 5, Vado SL 5 and the Como 5).
Not really a big whoop, as I have something to ride while waiting, and she does also.
But.....you might think that Specialized would either get a replacement bike after this amount of time or take the fork from one of their available stock and let THEM be with an unavailable bike.
Just sharing, I thought some might have a different opinion about the Specialized brand after this saga.
As stated, to ME, there is none better, but you gotta be kidding me.

I ordered a new Vado 5.0 and the poor little dude was damaged in shipping - the fork itself. Can confirm that there are major issues getting new ones in stock as Specialized decided to send a whole new bike instead of trying to track down a replacement.

I ordered a new Vado 5.0 and the poor little dude was damaged in shipping - the fork itself. Can confirm that there are major issues getting new ones in stock as Specialized decided to send a whole new bike instead of trying to track down a replacement.
Gee....at least you have a bike, I have none, I've been told it may be an additional 4-6 weeks, maybe.

Back