Upcoming FLX Weapon

Any reviews of the Blade 2.0 using the Rohloff? All I see on youtube are the FLX videos from a year ago. But no actual private owner reviews. Just interested to see how the Rohloff handles torque.

The Weapon eMTB is now live on Indiegogo. Solid bike at a great price - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weapon-x-full-suspension-carbon-mid-drive-emtb#/
Some interesting bits in there. M610 and Onyx E1 forks on the Weapon X (M600 and Onyx E2 on the Weapon). 58# claimed weight - will measure my X2 when I remember in current configuration but the Weapon/X seems heavier. 160mm front/150mm rear travel. Same groupset but upgraded shifter to GX (better) vs X2. Has an SDG Tellis (decent and rebuildable) dropper post, 150mm travel.

Unsure on their pattern of 'earlybird' vs retail pricing, but the current (IndiGogo) pricing puts it higher than Luna X2 Rockshox non-Ludi/VESC or Ludi/VESC X2, and I think same price as Biktrix Monte Capro Lite.
At the Indiegogo pricing, it's a good competitor to the X2, and better IMO vs the Monte Capro Lite due to components (MT5 brakes, Magura rotors, SDG Tellis dropper, DVO suspension vs - unnamed China components). Weapon (M600) still has DVO Topaz shock and E2 forks, and were I in the market for a non-Ludi/base VESC and this price carried to retail - it's competitive at $3899 pre-order price and up to ~$4300 retail.

The Weapon X adds some decent component additions to the base Weapon - bars, rims, and the M610. Competitive-ish($4900) at +$700 over the base Luna X2 (DVO, Magura + M610 over Rockshox, SRAM Guide R2, M600).

I'm less sure about the Weapons X's M610 vs programmable VESC M600 on the X2 Ludi with the weapon X still being +$450 over the X2 VESC/Ludi. The SDG Tellis dropper is definitely an improvement over the 100mm China dropper on the X2, as is the GX shifter ($50) vs SX, and the Spank Oozy rims vs the X2 Alex rims. Not a fan of the claimed 5 level PAS (I set my X2 to 9) but it's possible it's configurable. Depending on the default firmware behavior(power levels and response across PAS levels etc.) and performance of the M610, it could be decent at the price and competitive enough, although not so much IMO if retail rises once they're out of the IndieGoGo campaign/earlybird pricing.

They claim they built their own frame - still looks like an older Dengfu frame to me. If it's not, well - TBD on how the bike behaves and holds up.

Overall seems solid and I'd absolutely take the Weapon X over Monte Capro Lite based on specs, just less certain vs my Ludi X2.

Looks way better than the Biktrix. Like whats up with that ball of wires in their product pics and the super loose chain... Oof.
1666127343685.png

• Haha
Reactions: rtp
Back