Unlocking speed limiter on a Fold XS

wings02

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this question but is it possible to unlock the speed limiting setting on a Sonders Fold XS bike? If not, does anyone know if there are any tutorials on the web that will discuss ways of being able to increase the speed?

I own this Ebike the password is 1515 to unlock the advanced features on the the display once unlocked you can change the max speed.
I would not recommend setting it beyond 28 MPH.

I own this Ebike the password is 1515 to unlock the advanced features on the the display once unlocked you can change the max speed.
I would not recommend setting it beyond 28 MPH.

I was under the impression it can only be adjusted up to 25mph. Exactly how far can you adjust the speed from the advanced settings?

How do you get to the programming section to enter that code? Are there any videos showing this procedure?

any updates on if the speed could be increased?

There are YouTube videos of people showing how to change the top speed through advanced settings but to my knowledge no one has really commented on how it feels after the changes.

A comprehensive take on acceleration, ability to maintain top speed, and effect on range would be great

I might try it on my next ride just to see what happens, I will let you know, going to try turning it into a Class 3 which is 28mph up from 20 mph, it comes from the factory preset at 20mph.

I ordered the fat tire xs and was told by sondors that its particular controller cannot be configured to hold increased speed settings. It's something in the xs (not fold xs) controller that prohibits this. When i finally get mine i will definitely put that statement to the test and post here. There's just not enough info on the xs on any forums so i hope to change that.

I unlocked it on my fold XS,tops 25mph, but riding so for I can't crack 27.1.But definitely some major factors, weight,hills being the 2 enemies. Any hills you'll notice you can't push it but so far. I'm 6'2 225,I be moving but any hills small ones at that I'm pushing maybe 18-20mph unless you're peddling before the hill.Also you will probably think about changing the cassette. I'm new to e bikes, but I read something about running out of peddle, which I have done, so I change the cassette which then allowed me to push it to 27mph,so far.

Heard theres the 11-28 DNP freewheel that gives you that better top gear. Is that what you are using? Thinking of changing to that eventually when my xs fatty arrives.

Thats it,exactly what I'm using you'll have to change it
okay, great! How's the shifting and does it make any noise? I read some reviews and almost all were really good but a few said that the shifting was grindy after tuning and theirs made some wacky squeeking noise. They may have received one with slightly bent cogs/gears but who knows. I'm in for the price!!!

Well, the 7th gear is very close to the frame. So in that gear you might hear a little running off the chain to the frame. Until I find some other people who changed the cassette with a different one then people suggested I'll deal with that little noise. I'm still enjoying the bike so there may be a little give and take with this bike

Is the 750W motor used the Bafang one? What are the top speeds people are getting with it? The bafang G060 has low rpm but a lot of torque, 20" wheels won't be using all that power

I just took my new Fold XS out for a spin for the first time. Great ride, the engagement of the motor is really smooth. Gear shifting was smooth, no real clicking. I will probably want to change the 7th gear to a smaller tooth. I almost ran out of pedal in PAS 2. I was able to crack the speed code (thanks to Ebiker33) so I did set it to the maximum which was 25. I did hit over 26mph. My only small complaint is I need to adjust the rear brake. I fell I have to press too much on the brake lever. If someone can reference a video as to how to adjust hydraulic brakes, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 443
I'm wondering...if you adjust the display setting wheel size from 20" to 16", will the controller direct the hub to increase its RPM accordingly to reach max speed of 20mph (or 25mph)? If so, with stock 20" tires the actual speed would increase to 25mph (or 31mph)...assuming the motor is inherently strong enough to produce the additional power required.

Back