ultimate City bike and hauler

Asoma64

I have been going back and forth and I realize I need a city bike, easy to maneuver, can haul groceries and not too heavy, hopefully like 50 lbs. I have seen the trek verve + but i like the xm700( i think because of the 28mph). I also like a bike with a good company and warranty. I have seen the riese and muller but not sure if the price is worth. I do want quality. I have also seen Haibike and Bulls bike but I can decide which one is good. The Easy motion seems like an interesting company with a great warranty. I am 6 feet 190 pounds and I live in Boston and on the third row. The wild card , I might think about is biktrix. Any input is appreciated.

You could outfit the XM700+ to carry some 50lbs cargo. It's a relatively light weight bike. If you are going to carry up and down everyday, you would want something relatively light weight. Like 40-45lbs. I think it's also on sale right now.

XM700PlusUS_16641_A_Accessory1

Personally, I think the Trek Police Electric is a better choice than the XM700+. At the same price it has stronger wheels (because of boost spacing) and better front suspension.

The police model is not in their mainline catalog, because it is not intended to be sold to the general public. But anyone can order one. As for other upgrades, there is no free lunch...it has some cheaper components than the XM700+, such as the Bosch display (Purion vs. Intuvia), the rear derailleur (Deore vs. SLX), and the hubs (Formula/Bontrager vs. Deore center lock). The claimed weight is 50.22 lbs. for the 17.5".

Police bike is definitely a candidate. You could always swap out the Purion for Intuvia if needed. The only problem may be finding a dealer that stocks it for a test ride before purchase.

I have a Biktrix Juggeranuat classic HD. I love the absolute power and torque it has however it is not as refined as a Trek or other name brand bikes you will find at the LBS. The support from Biktrix is lacking as well. The owner sounds nice on the phone and in emails but the follow through is lacking. If you are buying something they will talk with you. If you need something because of a problem they seem to forget who you are.

I have a Biktrix Juggeranuat classic HD. I love the absolute power and torque it has however it is not as refined as a Trek or other name brand bikes you will find at the LBS. The support from Biktrix is lacking as well. The owner sounds nice on the phone and in emails but the follow through is lacking. If you are buying something they will talk with you. If you need something because of a problem they seem to forget who you are.

Not my experience at all.

As a follow up to this post: Biktrix made good on their word.

Just want everyone to know that Roshan and Biktrix went above and beyond to handle the minor issue I encountered. Thanks Roshan and Biktrix.

Back