UK woman looking for first ebike

Hannah

Hi all! I'm based in the UK and looking for a good first electric bike. It's for my new commute to work which is about 4.5 miles along flat terrain. I'm not looking for a very powerful bike, just something that can give me a bit of a boost, especially against the wind or if I'm tired/having an asthma flare. I'm a regular cyclist and my previous commute was 2 miles which was fine on a regular bike. Complication: I'm pretty short (160cm, which is 5'3 I think?) and also would like a step through frame. It has to be able to run in all weathers, as it would be my regular commuter bike.

Can anyone advise? I've been looking through the reviews on this great website but it looks like a lot of the bikes are not available here in England. Ideally I'd like to be able to test-ride whatever model, before I bought it.

Thanks for any help you can give!

If you go with something that has a throttle, be aware that it can be horribly addicting not to pedal.

Maybe get something at is more of a pedelec, if you want to make sure that you keep pedaling.

Not sure the real concerns for the UK. Seems like rain would be a worry. So take that battery exposure into account.

Back