Uck1 display

stevenmp3

Region
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,can you plaese help me ,i have blown a chip and was wondering if someone could tell me what chip i need to replace it,it happened when i wired a light and its blown a chip in the ukc1 display i have thx steven

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 28
That's probably a 3 pin voltage regulator like an LM317, but don't take that to the bank. Could be a MOSFET too. You'll want to read the label off a good UCK-1.

I think that there's a good chance that something else on your circuit board is also burned out.

I just had a similar incident with my power supply that stopped working.

I found a burnt thermistor on the circuit board,..

20240808_185231.jpg
20240808_185544.jpg
Screenshot_20240831-014400_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240831-014414_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The label was burnt off of the thermistor, but I was lucky enough to find a YouTube video where the guy took apart the same Wamptek power supply and I managed to see the part number for the thermistor.

20240808_175059.jpg

So I ordered a pack of 10 thermistors for less than $3 from AliExpress.

Screenshot_20240831-015837_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I replaced the thermistor but my power supply still didn't work, so I threw it out and bought a better power supply.

As @harryS mentioned, if you can find out what the part number is on that component, you can probably get one for a few dollars and see if it gets your display working.

It's worth the $3 gamble to see if you can fix it, except for waiting a few weeks for the parts to arrive without a working e-bike.

I think that there's a good chance that something else on your circuit board is also burned out.

Part number D2 (diode number 2) looks like it has burned up as well, and I can't see the part number.

Screenshot_20240831-021343_Gallery.jpg

Q2 is transitor number 2 that definitely needs to be replaced.

(a voltage regulator and a MOSFET are a type of transistor. )

Screenshot_20240831-022831_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You can see the part number on diode number 3 (D3).
I don't know what the part number means, but the coloring on the one end shows the polarity of the diode.

Part number R64 is resistor number 64, with a value of 473 ohms.

Q1 looks kinda toasted as well,..

D1 is a signal diode (the orange colored diode. It's a low power, high frequency diode.)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help,i think i have found the parts to hopfully fix it,SS210 SMA JD Schottky Barrier Diodes and a VISHAY SILICONIX IRFR9220TRPBF MOSFET, P CH, -200V, -3.6A, TO-252AA

Attachments

• ss210.jpg
    ss210.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 11
  • chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 12
You may have fried one of these,..

They are integrated circuits (IC's) and they tend to show no signs of damage when they blow up.

We used to build circuit boards in school in the 80's, and we would purchase all the parts required.

Some integrated circuits were so delicate that static electricity could wreck them, so they came packaged in special static proof packaging and a warning from the teacher to touch ground on our workstation to discharge ourselves before handling them.

(Or the good ole finger nail spark to your lab partner works too. 😂)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831-102344_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831-102344_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The IRFR9220 chip is being delivered first,is it ok to fit it to see if it works or shall i what until all the parts turn up,l would like to add i am never ever again going to use the light connector thx

The IRFR9220 chip is being delivered first,is it ok to fit it to see if it works or shall i what until all the parts turn up,l would like to add i am never ever again going to use the light connector thx

You're probably good to install one component at a time.

Usually if another component is fried, it's burned out and won't damage the newly replaced component.

One component replacement at a time should be fine.

I honestly don't think that you'll be able to get it working,
BUT,.. It sounds like you blew up your light output by over powering it, and that may be a completely separate circuit on the circuit board?

My KT controller has a completely separate circuit board to run the lights.
If it gets fried, I don't have lights, but my controller still works fine.

Attachments

• 20230118_141800.jpg
    20230118_141800.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230118_141817.jpg
    20230118_141817.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 13
I tried to use a step down on the 12v out on the controller,i used a 12v to 9v to try and power my led light , am only going so far with the repair,but i have a soldering iron and the will to use it,

If you still want to power your lights after you get things fixed or replaced, you can use the 12v output to operate a 12 volt relay, so that you don't over power your 12v output.

Then you can feed the battery power through the relay to your lights.

The do have ebike lights that operate on 36-48 volts to make things easier, or you can use some sort of step-down converter to convert the battery power going through the relay into any voltage you need.

Back