UC380 handlebar adjustment

nggmd

Region
USA
Hey all,
I know this will be simple but how do I change the angle of my handlebars?
There is no screw on the underside that I can make out like on my wifes UT10

Thanks

Attachments

• D06FCACB-BA86-4B63-BB24-12C137CA0ACD.jpeg
    D06FCACB-BA86-4B63-BB24-12C137CA0ACD.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 252
There is some splined stuff going on inside. Put the fastener back in a bit and give it a few tap taps to loosen the innards. The LBS struggled with mibe, I struggled with my wifes. Caution the "stuff" is spring loaded. You can have stuff flying.

I had trouble adjusting the stem on my C380 and got ahold of Gazelle and they sent me this info sheet. Roamers is right the stuff is spring loaded. If you loosen bolt #6 piece #1 should pop out. If it doesn't tap the bolt it can be sticky. Be careful of the pin at #2 it is very small and could be easily broken. Make sure it goes back in the receiver #3 before tightening everything back up. I put a little dry lube on it to make it pop out for future adjustments.

Attachments

• IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 421
So I take everything out after I get the left side open?? How does the right side come out??

What next?

Attachments

• 3FCE5859-5939-42BE-B0F5-8B1D7563128C.jpeg
    3FCE5859-5939-42BE-B0F5-8B1D7563128C.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 220
In thae above picture, is the bolt on the left or right? On the one I did, loosened bolt and tried to wiggle handlebars up and down. Nothing. Loosened more, wiggled more nothing. Loosened more, tapped bolt and wiggled simultaneously and all hell broke loose. Then I put bars where my wife wanted them and tried to figure out how to align it all again and tightened the bolt to spec.

Bolt is in the right. I loosened it with Allen wrench then used a rubber mallet to tap slightly threaded bolt until left side popped out

The best I can offer is push on the left and wiggle the bars. Really, I tried everything, nothing was working, then it did. Probably could not redo intelligently. Frustrating.

In the printout you can see that both sides are tapered plugs that when fully inserted apply pressure to the inner spline ( the red piece) so it locks in place. Once the bolt is loosened (not completely out) the spring is supposed to push the tapered plugs out and it does take some wiggling of the bars if they don't pop out right away. Both plugs have to back out a bit to relieve the pressure so the bars can be moved up or down.

Back