Two E-bikes?

I am down to 2 now. Once I got my Frey CC, I sold my himiway cruiser. I have kep my Surface604 werk because it is a great long haul bike and I use it as a spare bike for anyone that wants to ride with the group, but does not have an ebike.

I just purchased my first e-bike in June...a Specialized Vado SL.

I see the benefit of potentially having an additional e-bike. I would love to have a powerful cargo style E-bike..... Or the full-size Vado with fender and racks and more power for cruising sweat free.

If I were to only have one..... Obviously I chose the Vado SL...... But there are occasions where a different setup would be nice.

I have something like nine electric bikes. I mostly use my town bike. I had so many bikes that I started renting and selling them at a place downtown. I also convert other peoples bikes so they look better and work better than the ones from dealers. I am getting my next bike soon, it arrives Friday. It is a Marin Stinson 2. It is getting a cargo grade motor and will be all through frame with no visible connectors. And it is getting setup as a comfort commuter. I have all the parts, now just need the bike. Can't wait.

I have something like nine electric bikes. I mostly use my town bike. I had so many bikes that I started renting and selling them at a place downtown. I also convert other peoples bikes so they look better and work better than the ones from dealers. I am getting my next bike soon, it arrives Friday. It is a Marin Stinson 2. It is getting a cargo grade motor and will be all through frame with no visible connectors. And it is getting setup as a comfort commuter. I have all the parts, now just need the bike. Can't wait.
You are a ‘collector’ of sorts?

I bought an Aventure.2 first (you can see elsewhere here for my conclusions on that ;-) and then a Turbo Tero X 6.0.

Nothing like buying a bike 3x as expensive to make you less concerned about locking up the cheaper bike at the grocery or the trailhead.

Do you have 2 different types of bikes (cruise/mountain)
Well somewhat different yes. My favorite bike is the full suspension All mountain bike. I started with a touring bike and recently added a used commuter style bike. they all have the same Bosch CX motors , as do my wifes bikes ,and they all use the same interchangeable batteries.

I have a Lectric XP 3.O. I might also get a Lectric Xpedition. Keeping them the same brand keeps it simple for me. My wife likes riding on the back of the XP but I have the notify her if I intend to pedal or I clip her knees with my heals. Additionally, the extra passenger kit makes folding the XP a bigger chore than it needs to be. I don't need anything high end since we stick to the local back roads and the dual battery option on the Xpedition will be nice to have. I'll still keep the XP. Great little folder.

Well somewhat different yes. My favorite bike is the full suspension All mountain bike. I started with a touring bike and recently added a used commuter style bike. they all have the same Bosch CX motors , as do my wifes bikes ,and they all use the same interchangeable batteries.
I am getting a Denago City Model 1 waiting on Fenders. Will use that as a cruise bike for exercise.

Thinking about getting an Lectruc XP Lite with the back rack for errands and trips.

Did it come assembled? Did you find a local dealer willing to work on them?
It came like a normal ebike you order directly from the manufacturer. Had to put on the handlebars, front tire, and what ever else. been awhile. There are videos online that go over it.
What's your angle on all these questions across the posts you've made? I feel like this is a survey.

It came like a normal ebike you order directly from the manufacturer. Had to put on the handlebars, front tire, and what ever else. been awhile. There are videos online that go over it.
What's your angle on all these questions across the posts you've made? I feel like this is a survey.
Angle??? Not sure what you mean by that?🤔

I am toying with the idea of a second e-bike to run errands with. I don’t want to get stuck assembling more than I know how or get stuck ordering a bike that no local shops will service.

THAT, in and of itself, I guess, is my ‘angle’!

I had two, but my first-- the (Hiltopper Clean Republic) kit bike-- either suffered battery because I failed to turn it off so many times or blew its controller for the second time, so I'm not drinking from that well again.

I ride less than a thousand miles a year, probably because the hills are pretty steep here, but I still miss having a second bike! I notice I am riding half as much now that I have only one, so it seems like there must be reasons why I was choosing one bike over another for a particular ride. Generally, I used the kit bike for shorter fitness rides.

Hoping Pedaluma will be able to do a build for me in September or October, but the source bike is out of stock at the moment. I would like to have a second bike for a lot of reasons-- would like to have a bit more power, a bit more speed, better range for longer rides, maybe a more upright seating position (though this might be a mod we do in a year or two) and a second bike for friends. I'm looking for a Goldilocks hybrid that's a cross between... a hybrid and an XC. Or something like that!

Hoping we can bring it in at around 40-42 pounds. My eMTB is only 46, but those extra 5 pounds make a big difference when you just want to grab the thing and get out the door.

Back