Turbo Vado Front Rack

mrkjd

Region
United Kingdom
Has anybody had any further news on availability of the 2022 Turbo Vado front rack? Last I heard was a cryptic "later 2022" from Specialized

I just got the turbo basked with the adapter for the rear rack and it came with extra screws and small parts which I believe will be used for mounting to the front. Still need the front bracket which is not available yet. I can tell you the basket is really nice and definetly worth it.

1651167513960.png

That red is really sharp.

I'm torn between that and the more stealthy black that doesn't shout ebike quite as loudly...

That red is really sharp.

I'm torn between that and the more stealthy black that doesn't shout ebike quite as loudly...

Ya, I hear you. I commute and live in a densely populated city and EVERYONE notices my bike. All positive as there is a lot of interest in biking where I live. But when I ride to my neighborhood bar I lock my bike with two ABUS level15 security locks (chain and folding) to a proper bike rack. I can see my bike from my vantage point at the bar and it is not uncommon to spot would-be thieves scoping out my bike. Nobody has actually tried to steal it but they will at some point try.

I have the Abus 170cm level 15 security chain and I also use the Abus level 15 security folding lock. When I leave my bike for extended periods of time (never overnight) I also employ a cable to go through the seat rails. I do what I can and don't sweat it too much.

The red is sharper in person than the photos show IMO. I love it.

You also have the motor lock/alarm built in as well.

The red is sharper in person than the photos show IMO. I love it.

You also have the motor lock/alarm built in as well.
True but it is essentially inadequate. The bike isn't hard to ride at all with the engine off. The beeping sounds more like a stove timer than it does an actual alarm.

True but it is essentially inadequate. The bike isn't hard to ride at all with the engine off. The beeping sounds more like a stove timer than it does an actual alarm.

240V between contacts on each half of the the seat would be an idea.

Illegal as h3ll, but amusing to imagine.

Has anybody had any further news on availability of the 2022 Turbo Vado front rack? Last I heard was a cryptic "later 2022" from Specialized
I reached out to Specialized and they gave me the reference the LBS can use to place a backorder:
  • SKU: 98922-5600 (TURBO FRONT RACK W/ PLATE BLK)
Unfortunately the LBS couldn't find the part in the Specialized system, nor did my own Googling yield any results. I'll keep trying and hopefully these will become available in the near future.

They specifically said the Pizza Rack is not compatible with the new Vado/Como models.

Still not available to purchase via specialized website, but it has now appeared in one of their videos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-224811__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-224811__01.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 757
Finally. Not convinced I’ll get one but I wanted to see it in action anyways. I wish it was like the R&M rack with the extra bottle mounts. Oh well. I wonder if it will hold the basket from the Como SL?

Anybody fitted and used one yet? Looks bigger than I anticipated. Not yet showing as stock here in U.K.

Anybody fitted and used one yet? Looks bigger than I anticipated. Not yet showing as stock here in U.K.
I literally just got this txt (I am in the USA).

Specialized Bicycle Components: Hi something you've been eyeing is back in stock. Snag it now before it sells out:

Front Rack & Adventure Plate

I haven't yet seen one in the flesh (I'm also in UK), but from the photos I'm working on basis that with the 'adventure plate' removed it will be about the same surface dimensions as the rear carrier (as both are MIK compatible).

It also looks from the photos that the 'Adventure plate' is hard screwed on - but if so, it is possible / probable that it could be removed and attached to a MIK plate for on-the-fly swapping of accessories, if that was anyone's desire...

If that is the case, I might run the front carrier as a simple MIK rack day-to-day - and then MIK attach a plate or basket etc as needed...

Would be good to have this confirmed if anyone sees or purchases one

THANKS

I haven't yet seen one in the flesh (I'm also in UK), but from the photos I'm working on basis that with the 'adventure plate' removed it will be about the same surface dimensions as the rear carrier (as both are MIK compatible).

It also looks from the photos that the 'Adventure plate' is hard screwed on - but if so, it is possible / probable that it could be removed and attached to a MIK plate for on-the-fly swapping of accessories, if that was anyone's desire...

If that is the case, I might run the front carrier as a simple MIK rack day-to-day - and then MIK attach a plate or basket etc as needed...

Would be good to have this confirmed if anyone sees or purchases one

THANKS
I think I am ordering it (99% there)... trying to see if I have enough cable to extent the front light. I have the vado 4.0 and it looks like the fork light mount is moved and inverted to attach to the front frack. I need to take some measurements... but I could always splice in a cable extension if needed.
1664914406308.png
1664914463128.png

Some photos show the light reamaining in the original position, some show it shifted to front of rack (not sure if that means that moving the light is optional, or the different pictures are taking account of the different stock mounts on 5.0 vs4.0 (eg. Only one might not interfere with rack, or maybe both)).

On my Vado 4.0 there does appear to be an amount of slack in the cable as stock.

Some photos show the light reamaining in the original position, some show it shifted to front of rack (not sure if that means that moving the light is optional, or the different pictures are taking account of the different stock mounts on 5.0 vs4.0 (eg. Only one might not interfere with rack, or maybe both)).

On my Vado 4.0 there does appear to be an amount of slack in the cable as stock.
I think those photos are photoshopped and if not they clearly show that if the fork compresses it will damage the light and/or the rack.
Indeed, there is not enough slack in the cable.

I just ordered it.

I just pulled apart the front light on my 2022 Vado 4.0 and there might be enough slack in the cable. Does anyone know what the internal cable routes look like inside the frame? Where the cable for the light terminates? I don't want to pull too hard but I'd say I got a good 12" extra length that came out easily.

I just pulled apart the front light on my 2022 Vado 4.0 and there might be enough slack in the cable. Does anyone know what the internal cable routes look like inside the frame? Where the cable for the light terminates? I don't want to pull too hard but I'd say I got a good 12" extra length that came out easily.
Yes. Pull your battery, get on your back, and look at the bottom of the down tube. Can’t miss the routing channels.

Back