Turbo Vado 710Wh Battery ?

I'm riding a derailleur Vado 5.0 .
Not aware of any settings ; just watching the pedal pace numbers and trying to stay in the green .
Sounds like you're talking about the auto enviolo .

The cadence numbers in the green changes based on your settings . If you push the lowest button f2 it gives a cadence choice from slowest to fastest . 70 is about the slowest I think. I use 1 above setting “slower”

How fast of a cadence do you need to 28mph ? I have hit it in the 90s but that is to fast for me
Image 8-29-22 at 7.26 PM.jpeg

Image 8-29-22 at 7.29 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
@e-boy: The green cadence indicator is indeed a splendid idea. Many cyclists simply pedal too slow. The indicator helps them understand they need to spin the crank faster! Modern European cars with manual transmission come with the shift indicator: Shift ▲. In the near future, Specialized could think of updating the display with "Shift ▲▼". When the cadence is too slow, the display could help the rider understand a downshift is required, and the opposite for too high cadence :)

@opimax: No idea about Vado IGH. The derailleur Vado 5.0 of e-boy requires the cadence of 78 at the 48-11T gearing to hit 28 mph. Which is not that easy even in Turbo unless it is a descent or stiff tailwind.

I can’t get to 28 until i reach the 90s ,bike shop tested my bike and all say they can including an 80 year old employee. We r working together as they are a good shop . They went for a ride with me but the bike was not right that day and they had to reload the latest firmware.I am riding this bike today to test how it works for me now after the firmware reinstall. I test multiple setting to see what works best for me not just standard, don’t think that makes sense to me, standard is too fast a cadence for my legs.

I am making sure I am on a slight downhill mostly when testing to make sure the motor is not the issue . This is now my brother’s bike but I will keep it until I get a couple of the other bikes working better. I don’t think he cares about top end anyway

Thanks for all the input on my original battery question. I do ride with a 80-90 cadence and use my gears to keep me there. Just like a normal bike, so I feel that I'm doing my best to help the engine to conserve energy. That said, I've been able to get close to 70 miles out of my battery on rides using all three PAS levels. I'm happy with that number considering I still had 14% left before recharging.

I am planning on riding more than 70 miles per day on an upcoming trip, so I still would like to have a second battery. The bike shop I'm working with to obtain one from Specialized probably won't get one in time, so I'll probably take my charger on the longer riding days and charge up the best I can over lunch.

What is the "street price" ?
Friend of mine has been shopping for a 720wh pack for his Levo that came with a 500wh. Last year he was griping that one was $1200 with no relief and this year he decided to go for it and they had upped to $1400 so he still hasn't gotten one.

On the other hand I just ordered a 52v 20ah 21700 cell battery with a smart BMS from a reputable manufacturer in Shenzhen and total cost with shipping was $365. Of course it won't work in a Specialized bike but that is why I don't have one.

Well, I finally received a correct Specialized 710Wh battery for my Vado. 🎉 The customer service at Sierra Bicycle Supply was great to work with! After finding out the correct part number it only took a couple weeks to have it in my hands and they honored the original $1099 price I paid for first 604WH earlier model Vado battery I ordered.
I'm very happy now and just in time for a riding trip with my twin brother in Eastern Kansas.

Thanks, Stefan!
Ron, I am very happy to hear you have managed buying the second battery and will ride together with your brother! It is exactly my experience with my older Vado. I could buy the second 604 Wh battery for my Vado 5.0 pretty early and later had many very long trips with my beloved first cousin a.k.a. "brother". So I can understand your joy the best!

Much later, I bought the third battery. Of course, riding with three batteries makes the e-bike very heavy but that allowed me going past the Imperial Century trip distances. I still hope to make a Double Metric Century on some nice and warm day! (I need pretty much of assistance on my rides).

Ron, I made a little check-up of my stats. If you ride on a nice windless day and no hills around with 40/40% assistance, your range on the current battery might be 70 miles. Of course two 710 Wh batteries mean 140-mile range. Hills are a game changer as the wind is. However, if you ride on a loop and the conditions don't change, the headwind will be cancelled by tailwind, and descents will cancel ascents (if you just coast downhill).
Are you planning to go on a, say, 60 mile ride soon to test your battery capabilities? (When you see the 55% battery left on the display, start your return part of the ride!)
Hi guys
My battery is set to charge to 80%
But now keeps charging to 100%
I thought this happened every 10 charges
It was charging to 80%but this last 3 times keeps charging to 100%
Any thoughts why this happens

Anyone knows if it's possible to get an old battery with bad cells and a bms and just replace the cells basically to get a specialized bike to work with it??

Anyone knows if it's possible to get an old battery with bad cells and a bms and just replace the cells basically to get a specialized bike to work with it??
I was trying it with an experienced e-bike battery rebuild service to get an answer: "a big no". Specialized batteries are highly proprietary. Yes, there are some services that can do it but there are only a few of them, mostly in Germany.

Back