Turbo vado 2022 3.0 new or 4.0 demo?

Svado

Region
Europe
Hi all, I’m looking to buy my first ebike for commuting (around 10 miles one way, flat roads with a few bridges). I initially went to my LBS for more information on a turbo vado 3.0, but they only had a 4.0 on display.

The vado 3.0 was currently sold out and will be back in stock around July. The 4.0 demo bike has around 400km on it, and he’s willing to give me a 10% discount on it (also the last model, no new stock is expected to arrive in the near future). Now I’m in doubt on what to do: wait for a brand new full retail priced 3.0, or pay just a little more for a ‘used’ 4.0? I do get a full warranty on the 4.0.

Hi all, I’m looking to buy my first ebike for commuting (around 10 miles one way, flat roads with a few bridges). I initially went to my LBS for more information on a turbo vado 3.0, but they only had a 4.0 on display.

The vado 3.0 was currently sold out and will be back in stock around July. The 4.0 demo bike has around 400km on it, and he’s willing to give me a 10% discount on it (also the last model, no new stock is expected to arrive in the near future). Now I’m in doubt on what to do: wait for a brand new full retail priced 3.0, or pay just a little more for a ‘used’ 4.0? I do get a full warranty on the 4.0.
What year is the Vado in question?

Is it this one?

Given you are offered a full warranty, a discount, and the Vado has only 400 km on it, I would buy the demo 4.0 were I you. The bigger battery, stronger motor and better components are all worth of it.
Note: You can always buy the 600 Wh battery (plus the battery cover) later if you need it, and use the 500 Wh as a spare or rotate the batteries for better longevity.

So here in the states I have never seen a demo bike with that much milage. More like 40 to 50km. 400km sound like a used bike versus a demo. I would push for a larger discount.

Back