Turbo motor / wheel upgrade

kermit_xc

Region
USA
City
ATX
Just a thought I wanted to bounce around.

Say I get the current Turbo Base, and down the road want to upgrade to the Turbo S wheel / motor assembly. Does anybody here can think of why this would not be possible.

And BTW ... I was able to drop a Turbo S battery into the Turbo Base and it worked just fune. This was at a local dealer

I dont know if the software has been written so that it recognizes which motor should be connected to and refuses to work if a correct motor type is not found. On the other hand, both are limited to 28 mph, so if it works, you'd be able to maintain the top speed more easily. You would also drain the 468 Wh battery much faster having a twice as power hungry motor. Those replacement wheels aren't cheap, in my bike (MY13, 250 W) it would be well over 1000€ (cannot recall exactly but I think I heard 1400€ mentioned). For the 500W motor, I am assuming it is even more.

I would rather stick with the 200W wheel and get the 691W battery. Range out to 60+mi.

Sure, the battery upgrade for increased range / headroom is my initial plan.

Just pulled the trigger on base Turbo today!

I dont know if the software has been written so that it recognizes which motor should be connected to and refuses to work if a correct motor type is not found. On the other hand, both are limited to 28 mph, so if it works, you'd be able to maintain the top speed more easily. You would also drain the 468 Wh battery much faster having a twice as power hungry motor. Those replacement wheels aren't cheap, in my bike (MY13, 250 W) it would be well over 1000€ (cannot recall exactly but I think I heard 1400€ mentioned). For the 500W motor, I am assuming it is even more.

Yeah, spot on - I was told at the store that the bike would have to be re-programmed for the new motor

Back