Turbo Creo offroad use

ALT

Region
USA
For riders that take their Turbo Creo off the beaten path, I would love to read your experience. Is the Creo durable enough to ride on XC trails, and water tight to ride through shallow creeks and in pouring rain? I have a pretty nice gravel bike which is 10lbs lighter than a Turbo Creo and some trails require me to shoulder the bike across water crossings and slippery rocks. How 'balanced' is the weight on the Creo, does it shoulder comfortably?

Also, how 'compliant' is the frame? In other words, is the carbon layup designed for onroad stiffness or does it absorb some of the chatter?

Mine is the aluminum frame, so I can’t speak to the carbon aspects of it, but I have ridden it through a couple of absolute downpours where for fifteen minutes I could hardly see twenty feet in front of me. Hot day in that case so it was actually appreciated.

I’ve got 42mm gravel tires on it, thanks to some advice from other inmates here, and it goes great over medium rough stuff. I bought it with the intent of road only, as I have another gravel ebike, but I find I no longer differentiate that much with it… if an interesting path heads off through the woods I’ll go follow it and have had no problems. The bike handles so well being comparatively light that it’s a lot of fun regardless. My Giant ToughRoad feels like a tank next to it.

I use my Carbon Creo off road (nothing too strenuous I may add) as above have 42mm tyres fitted, also I have done a flat bar conversion which has made it into a very capable tool.

At the end gravel bike is not a XC MTB hardtail, I would put it one class below in the single trail scala.
And I'm not sure how deep I would go into water or rivers with any ebike. If we would have some more rain&water here... :-(
Creo/Vado SL/Levo SL might be slightly less sensitive due to the internal/closed battery. But at the end they are still ebikes.

But the Creo carbon frame is rock solid and a no brainer for going offorad. I've had four carbon frame bike over the last four years (two gravel bikes, two MTBs) and my 100kg are a good base to jugde them... ;-)
The one of the Creo is by far the toughest one, also the painting is tough and has withstood all stone attacks so far in two years (and I'm using it mostly for offroad/gravel).

The SL motor is IP59, that is, it shall withstand immersion between 15 cm and 1 metre.

Back