Turbo battery cover cap

IVAN

Hi there!

the battery cover cap of my turbo S got lost :(
Any ideas on where to get a replacement?

regards.
Iván D.

Your Specialized dealer can order them. They are about tend dollars. I use a lanyard on mine after I lost it a couple of times.

The question is that I asked at a couple of shops here and neither of them had the decency to order them for me. I bought my turbo S in Germany and the shops here do not want to offer any assistance (even being Specialized dealers...) because, I guess, I did not spend any money there.
Any volunteers to buy one for me and ship it to Spain. Payment on paypal would we made upfront :)

There needs to be two caps, one M4Z003-000 for the female receptable on the ebike, and one for the male power cord. Because of the magnet, a staple or brad on the ground could be easily picked up and short out the whole system. I measured the power cord as .964 OD and .5 deep and will make a simple 3d printed cap. of course it could get complex if it needs an embedded metal washer...

There needs to be two caps, one M4Z003-000 for the female receptable on the ebike, and one for the male power cord. Because of the magnet, a staple or brad on the ground could be easily picked up and short out the whole system. I measured the power cord as .964 OD and .5 deep and will make a simple 3d printed cap. of course it could get complex if it needs an embedded metal washer...

BTW, the first iteration design for Rosenberger male cap worked and is added to thingiverse, all you need is access to a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3113059

I also ordered these from my local Specialized dealer , cost $12 each.
After losing mine a couple of times because I had it on the magnetic holder on the bike when I left for my ride, I bought a small magnet and superglued it to the top of the charger. Now, when I remove the cap from the bike I put it on the magnet attached to the charger. I thought about putting a lanyard on the cap, but couldn’t find a good place to attach it. I think the magnet on the charger is a much better solution to this issue. Fingers crossed.

Drill a small hole in the cap and attach a tether like this. You'll never lose one again.

20181203_214552.jpg

Mouser Electronics has the caps listed as an Automotive Connector , but seem to be on backorder: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/476-M4Z003-000 . I just noticed that the bike I just got (shop listed as new, previous model year) didn't have a cap when I got it. Probably got misplaced over while sitting in the showroom and/or moved from store to store.
The cap from Mouser showed up a few weeks back. I just have to make sure I don't lose this one.
There is also a 3D print model of the plug on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4618106 but you'd need to add magnets to the finished print to make it work.

See the older post by Bazzpage just above yours and add a tether. I ordered a few spares for my Turbo S but added a similar tether while waiting for the spares. I've never lost another one in the four or five years since.

Back