Tuning in Ride Control

Oscar56

I brought my hard tail 2020 Phantom E+1 Pro home last Thursday. As this is my first eBike this first week was just about riding around town, including a few trails, just to get the feel of the system and the motor. I have also been testing how far the battery will take me and the charging times required. First impressions are VERY good.

Now to investigate the Ride Control App. I opened up the tuning function and discovered the LBS had set my motor to:

- Eco 50%
- Eco+ 175%
- Normal 175%
- Sport 250%
- Sport+ 350%

I then selected "factory reset" and ended up with this:

- 100%
- 175%
- 250%
- 300%
- 360%

The next few days I will test the factory settings. On my next visit to my LBS I will ask them how they came to choose the original settings I started with last week.

`````````````````````````````````````````
I selected this bike so that I could ride both paved roads around town and beginner and novice trails.

My questions to you:

1. How have you tuned your bike?
2. Do you ride pavement, trails or a combination?

My trance is new - about 4 rides, maybe 100 miles, all dirt.
Stock settings.
Probly the only reason I might change them is to try to extend range. I'm just never out that long.
Very, very fun bike to ride. 👍
Like our other two, mostly ride in level 3, changing up to 4 or 5 for hills. In 2nd gear level 5 it just walks up steep hills. I don't dare pass the non-ebikes. LOL Traction and balance is fantastic.

Hi Oscar, Phantom looks like a great bike! Defaults are a little different on the Explore E+, I adjusted the settings a little lower than default on my Explore E+ so it fits where/how I ride and maybe gives me a little more range. Almost all of my riding is on roads and mups. Completely different environment than you'll probably be riding your Phantom in.
  • Eco 50% max is 75 on my bike, even then I probably won't use it
  • Eco+ 125% use on flats when I want to cruise around 15mph with a little resistance but without breaking a sweat
  • Normal 175% use on flats when I want to go 18 without any sweat and when I'm going up hills
  • Sport 250% when I want to push it to the 20mph cutoff without making much of an effort
  • Sport+ 350% never use it on flats, only on some steeper hills
Being able to adjust the PAS levels is a great feature!

Hi Oscar, Phantom looks like a great bike! Defaults are a little different on the Explore E+, I adjusted the settings a little lower than default on my Explore E+ so it fits where/how I ride and maybe gives me a little more range. Almost all of my riding is on roads and mups. Completely different environment than you'll probably be riding your Phantom in.
  • Eco 50% max is 75 on my bike, even then I probably won't use it
  • Eco+ 125% use on flats when I want to cruise around 15mph with a little resistance but without breaking a sweat
  • Normal 175% use on flats when I want to go 18 without any sweat and when I'm going up hills
  • Sport 250% when I want to push it to the 20mph cutoff without making much of an effort
  • Sport+ 350% never use it on flats, only on some steeper hills
Being able to adjust the PAS levels is a great feature!
What are mups?

Great thread. I have yet to get an E bike but I'm drooling over the Trance E + 1 Pro. I've wondered about fine tuning the settings using the app.

Slightly off topic, but if my wife and I both get e bikes does anyone know if I can "tune" two different bikes with one app? I might have to install the app on both of our iPhones.

Great thread. I have yet to get an E bike but I'm drooling over the Trance E + 1 Pro. I've wondered about fine tuning the settings using the app.

Slightly off topic, but if my wife and I both get e bikes does anyone know if I can "tune" two different bikes with one app? I might have to install the app on both of our iPhones.
Good question. The app asks you to connect using the bikes serial number each time that you connect. So perhaps you can load up more than one bike on a single phone app.

Yep, I have all three of mine on the app - it just comes up as a Bluetooth name. It's a simple but effective app for data. The road bikes get a phone mount, the mtb goes in your pocket. 👍

That sounds encouraging. I'm the geek in house and I imagine I'll be the one to do the geeky stuff like charging the battery, tire pressure and beer selection after the ride. 👍🍺😁

Well, now yer talkin'. We ride to drink craft beers.
That was what was so fun going to YT Industries - craft beer on tap in the lobby. Those guys are serious about their bikes and beer!! 👍

I nearly bought one of their bikes. Smart people.

Back