Topeak with Gravel and Sport...

Attachments

• Gravel w Topeak.jpg
    Gravel w Topeak.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 2 Sports.jpg
    2 Sports.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 188
Love my Topeak bags with the Quick rack adapters.

That is also a good option if you have other bikes with the QuickTrack system and prefer to standardize on that instead of MIK system

Love my Topeak bags with the Quick rack adapters.

I use this setup as well, and it works great the bottom bracket is adjustable so it fits many fenders or racks

Attachments

• 20230226_130646.jpg
    20230226_130646.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 179
@6zfshdb Does the Basil bag have a shoulder strap? How are the zippers? I read one review where it indicated the zippers weren't so great.
I ordered my Basil bag from Amazon and it did come with a shoulder strap. However, some reviewers complained that theirs came with no strap.

The zippers are ok but not great. They are the same quality as the ones used on the Topeak bag. The only bags I've seen lately with high quality zippers are Arkel products. They're pricey though and don't have a quick attach bracket..

I use this setup as well, and it works great the bottom bracket is adjustable so it fits many fenders or racks
My Topeak adapter could use tad bigger (half inch) arms to secure to existing rack. I have to use thicker zip ties to make sure the connection is secure...

Attachments

• Topeak bracket.jpg
    Topeak bracket.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 156
I got the Topeak bag on sale from chainreaction cycles and the bracket from Amazon.Must say I’m very pleased with it, looks very good quality. The pannier pockets are quite large and I like how they have elastic to secure them to the side of the frame.
How did you connect the MIK adapter plate to the Topeak bag?

I'm not sure how @Decho did it, and perhaps his way is better, but this is the way I did mine.

I took out the yellow liner from the Topeak bag and removed the 4 screws that attached the MTX Quick Track adapter.

819VBYzEMcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
91-u-C6wQhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I attached the MIK adapter plate to a piece of plastic, cut to fit the bottom of the Topeak bag. This isn't absolutely necessary, but it gives the bag some rigidity with less side to side movement. I then I attached the plastic sheet to the bag using the existing screw holes.

51+4tDL7qwL._AC_SL1264_.jpg
IMG_005003.jpg

My bike does not use the MIK system, so I had to add this adapter plate:

51VK0IiXUhL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
IMG_005005.jpg
IMG_005006.jpg

On my wife’s bike I screwed the Omni quick track adapter directly to the rack with countersunk self tapers after drilling pilot holes. Then slid the Topeak trunk bag onto the adapter. Work well over the last 15 months.

IMG_1523.jpeg

I bought the Ortleib Trunk bag RC and it arrived yesterday. It has a roll closure top secured with velcro. It comes standard with a MIK adaptor fitted that just needs adjustment to fit your rear rack. I'll really only be using this for commuting to work and the main reason I chose this particular bag were the dimensions - I had to ensure it would fit my laptop. I played around with it yesterday and it fits everything I need nicely.

trunk.jpg

Back