Trek Vale Go or Benno RemiDemi?!

Which one?

• Vale Go 9D EQ S for $2500

• RemiDemi Speed for $4100

Results are only viewable after voting.

JMoto

Can't decide which one to go for...
My local Trek shop has a closeout older model Vale Go 9D EQ S on sale. Only difference I can see is it has the pannier only rear rack so I'd need to upgrade that but it'd still be way cheaper than the newer model. I really want the seating position of the Townie so I'm thinking I'd be swapping to a more squishy seat and more relaxed out handlebars as well.
For the Boost my only hesitation is that it seems like the handlebars are a little too close to the seat for my 6' frame. Perhaps something you just get used to. Maybe it's the shorter wheelbase? I'd be adding racks to that one (front and rear) and upgrading the brakes as well so it'd be more like 5k out the door.
Trying to justify the 2k more expensive Benno. But performance wise it looks like they might be similar since they have the same engine and battery. I'd love any input if anyone knows if the Benno is really gonna be more enjoyable? Both have enough range for me and the 28mph assist option. I like hauling groceries and beach chairs and both seem capable enough.
Cheers!

If you decide on the Vale I recommend fitting the optional cargo rack that permits items to be added on top, and is compatible with Trunk bags, baskets, crates, and panniers that attach using the MIK system. The Benno Remi Demi rack uses the Racktime system. If you want to carry oddly shaped items you might like to look at a cargo sling like the Arkel Haul-It. The main difference between the two bikes would be how much you want to carry. The optional Vale cargo rack is rated up to 55lb, whereas the standard Benno cargo rack can carry up to 65lb on the rear and another 45lb on an optional front rack.

Last edited:
If you decide on the Vale I recommend fitting the optional cargo rack that permits items to be added on top, and is compatible with Trunk bags, baskets, crates, and panniers that attach using the MIK system. The Benno Remi Demi rack uses the Racktime system. If you want to carry oddly shaped items you might like to look at a cargo sling like the Arkel Haul-It. The main difference between the two bikes would be how much you want to carry. The optional Vale cargo rack is rated up to 55lb, whereas the standard Benno cargo rack can carry up to 65lb on the rear and another 45lb on an optional front rack.
I had seen the cargo rack that's even on sale. ;)
I do love carrying stuff on the front and the back. Is there no front rack option for the Vale? That could be the deciding factor right there!
Thanks Dewey!

Is there no front rack option for the Vale?
You could fit a front basket or porteur rack to the Electra Vale, but either option would be attached to the handlebar or fork crown or dropout eyelet so the load would move as you turn to steer, and this affects handling making steering feel tippy. By comparison the Benno front rack mounts to the frame at four points and does not turn or affect steering, it's the better design for carrying a heavy front load.

For carrying long items the RemiDemi is reportedly compatible with the seatpost mounted Carver brand racks.

Last edited:
I can‘t comment on the Benno but the Trek looks like a nice bike. I have a Verve +3 and it looks like a step up in terms of motor performance. It will burn through the battery quick if you keep it turned up all the time.

Back