Trek rail 7 as commuter?

It is not overkill
Johnny, let us face it. A Trail e-MTB of the Rail 7 class is an overkill even for novice MTBers, and it was only made for demanding trail/singletrack but not for the commute.
Funnily enough, my Giant Trance E+ had a label: "Designed for off-road use only". How true.

Cube frame warranty is a joke. I’d never buy one.

2 years is half what you get on a Raleigh bike.

Cube frame warranty is a joke. I’d never buy one.

2 years is half what you get on a Raleigh bike.
I would never buy from Raleigh with its 5-year frame warranty.
I would buy from Specialized with their "lifetime frame warranty" but that's not a $2.3 k company.
I had a frame of my Specialized Vado replaced based on the lifetime warranty.

I would never buy from Raleigh with its 5-year frame warranty.
I would buy from Specialized with their "lifetime frame warranty" but that's not a $2.3 k company.
I had a frame of my Specialized Vado replaced based on the lifetime warranty.

Specialized have a sale on most of their full suspension Emtb’s at the moment. Nearly bought a Levo comp but it’s not really suitable for my needs. I’d be commuting now and again too.

Seemed silly to spend £5.4K on a bike then change the tyres.

Id never buy a Raleigh bike, just highlighting how poor cubes warranty is. Their new bike looks great but they start at £7k with a 2 year frame warranty.

Specialized have a sale on most of their full suspension Emtb’s at the moment. Nearly bought a Levo comp but it’s not really suitable for my needs. I’d be commuting now and again too.

Seemed silly to spend £5.4K on a bike then change the tyres.

Id never buy a Raleigh bike, just highlighting how poor cubes warranty is. Their new bike looks great but they start at £7k with a 2 year frame warranty.
There is a Specialized sale on many e-bikes right now. You could buy a road e-bike (Creo) for £3000 (aluminium, only XXL) or carbon for £4000. Would you use a road e-bike for commuting? Well, many people in UK commute on road bikes.
If you are interested, ask a local dealer for availability as the online pool could be exhausted now.

I would never buy a trail e-MTB for commuting.

There also is a sale on selected commuter e-bikes, Vado or Vado SL.

There is a Specialized sale on many e-bikes right now. You could buy a road e-bike (Creo) for £3000 (aluminium, only XXL) or carbon for £4000. Would you use a road e-bike for commuting? Well, many people in UK commute on road bikes.
If you are interested, ask a local dealer for availability as the online pool could be exhausted now.

I would never buy a trail e-MTB for commuting.

There also is a sale on selected commuter e-bikes, Vado or Vado SL.
I’m building something in between with a bafang m620 and coil suspension.

I have a lot of trails and woodland nearby.

Back