TREK POWERFLY SPORT 4 EQUIPPED or CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 500

Hi,
I'm not trained in understanding the beauty of E-bikes. Can an experienced person tell me which of the two is more aesthetically beautiful ?
Which of the two is the best? I mean 2021 model.
Thank you

Hi,
I'm not trained in understanding the beauty of E-bikes. Can an experienced person tell me which of the two is more aesthetically beautiful ?
Which of the two is the best? I mean 2021 model.
Thank you

Cube has newer generation Bosch motor and an integrated battery. Certainly looks better than the Trek.

1598642803910.png

1598642822201.png

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'd like to understand better. If TREK POWERFLY SPORT 4 EQUIPPED costs 200 euro more than CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 500, I think it haa something better than the Cube e-bike, even if it doesn't have a newer generation Bosch motor.

I will not use it on difficult and steep mountain trails, but on rough roads and dirt roads. Do you still think the Cube can be the best option for me?

Whis is the difefrence between Bosch Performance CX, 250W, 75Nm and Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX Generation 4 (85Nm) Cruise (250Watt)?
Thanks again one.

FoxAdriano, I wouldn’t get too hung up about levels of nm too much. My bike has a Bosch Active Line Plus motor with 250w and only 50nm tork and it is plenty enough for rough roads and the odd hill at Eco or Tour level, I hardly use Sport or Turbo. Go with the bike your heart points you to, it won’t let you down. Try not to get over analysis paralysis, get a bike and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'd like to understand better. If TREK POWERFLY SPORT 4 EQUIPPED costs 200 euro more than CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 500, I think it haa something better than the Cube e-bike...

It doesn't go like that, some brands overprice their bikes and Trek is one of them. The way to asses the bikes requires some background and familiarity with components, once you have that it boils down to components + geometry.

Listen to Ravi, both of those bikes are very similar components, geometry etc. but Cube has the gen 4 motor. Even if Cube was 200 more I would have gone for Cube between those two.

I swear I'll stop asking, but allow me one last question. In fact I have just found this e-bike with a Generation 4 Bosch engine like the Cube and it costs 3299 euros (400 euro more than the Cube). It is Trek Powerfly Sport 4 eq 2021.
As the specs will be very similar, I ask you which of the 2 e-bikes would you buy?
Thanks again one.

The bike in the photo has rockshox fork but the specs show XCM coil. If you give us a link with accurate components list we can help.

If the components are as listed then Cube, they have almost identical components, geometry and tire clearance I see no point in paying additional 400 euros(cube also have better integration like the rack welded to the frame and some nice touches as chain guard).

Where are you planning to ride this one ?

@FoxAdriano you sound like you really want to talk yourself into a Trek. Which is fine, there's an emotional or perceived value element to every purchase. So go for the Trek. They're both nicely specced bikes. I'd lean toward the Cube if it were my money, but the decider would be which local dealer do you think you'll get better after sales service from?

I found so little about Trek Powerfly Sport 4 eq 2021. I'm sorry.
I found also this link: https://www.cingolanibikeshop.com/trek-powerfly-sport-4-eq-grigio-nero.html
It is in italian language. I read the engine is Generation 4 but I read also it is Bosch Performance CX, 250 watt, 75 Nm, 25km/h.
But why is it 75Nm instead of 85Nm? Maybe is there an error?
Anyway: I will get the both e-bike at the same price and I will use the e-bike on dirt roads, bumpy and uphill, I rarely take difficult routes. So I am looking above all for comfort as well as a good engine.
Give me the last suggestion please. Which one would you buy at the same price?
Thank you!

@FoxAdriano you sound like you really want to talk yourself into a Trek. Which is fine, there's an emotional or perceived value element to every purchase. So go for the Trek. They're both nicely specced bikes. I'd lean toward the Cube if it were my money, but the decider would be which local dealer do you think you'll get better after sales service from?

ahaha, you are right but again I can only give a nuanced answer. ;) I will get better after sales service is with Trek but it is farer and I will need to put the e-bike on my car. Cube sales service is in my town.
At this point, since the two e-bikes are very similar and equal in price, I will buy the e-bike I like more aesthetically, but the problem is that I like them both and I don't know which to choose .

I will get better after sales service is with Trek but it is farer and I will need to put the e-bike on my car. Cube sales service is in my town.

The advantage of Trek in the states is that one can usually find a Trek lbs close by. Well in your case that is not the case and on top you are paying more I don't see the point. Brand wise Cube is as good as Trek.

In the end it is up to you, buy the one you like most.

Yes sure, OK, you are right but my question was different. ;)
1) Which one would you buy at the same price?
2) Is there also a Bosch engine Generation 4 with 75Nm or only 85Nm? Is there an error on the specs of Trek?

2) Is there also a Bosch engine Generation 4 with 75Nm or only 85Nm? Is there an error on the specs of Trek?

The same motor, Bosch released an update and increased Gen 4 torque 75nm to 85nm. But don't worry about the numbers, torque numbers don't really give a lot of information.

If you can't answer the first question, ;) can you tell me which of the two e-bikes you think is more comfortable on dirt and uphill roads?

If you can't answer the first question, ;) can you tell me which of the two e-bikes you think is more comfortable on dirt and uphill roads?

I thought I already answered it, in the end it is your decision.

The bikes are very similar, same tire clearance, same motor, same front fork suspension so they will be very similar on gravel and uphill. Cube also has seatpost suspension and adjustable stem so it should be more comfortable (you can add these later to the other option too). So I would take Cube from the two if they were the same price.

As Johnny said, they are very similar. The Cube has a slightly nicer display and the integrated rack appeals to me more than the bolt-on rack the Trek has.

I also think the gray and orange color scheme is very sharp.

You alla are wonderful people. Thanks for your interesting suggestions. I think Trek is suitable more for harder and more difficult off-road than Cube, due to the driving position of the driver. I think Cube is more like a city-bike but both are strong and firm in the same way.

Out of curiosity: but can't be raised the handlebars of the Trek?

Anyway the Trek costs € 3.299,00 and the Cube 2899 EUR but I can get both at the same price. This price difference seems incredible. I think it's just a company policy.

Unfortunately the Cube makes KATHMANDU HYBRID PRO 500 2021 with black´n´blue only..... if I'm not wrong.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity: but can't be raised the handlebars of the Trek?

Yes, but it will make the bike uglier. 😅

EDIT: to clarify, the only way you can raise the handlebars is to change the handlebars to one with more rise, or add a stem extender. Depending on how high you want the bars, it may also require replacement of control cables and/or hydraulic lines.

. I think Trek is suitable more for harder and more difficult off-road tahn Cube,

No it is not. If you like to take it to mtb trails then pick a different bike preferably full suspension, none of these bikes are adequate for "difficult" tracks.

Back