Trailer Hitch

Ryan W

I was hoping to move our kids trailer to my new e-bike (EUNORAU 48V750W long trail Cargo bike), but the rear wheel bolt has the disc brake controls going through it. Is there still a way to attach a trailer hitch to bolt set-up like this, or is there a preferred alternative?? Thanks!

Maybe you should show a picture of your issue. In looking at internet pix. I don't see anything near the left side axle bolt, except for a fender strut.

Photos added:

20200810_152430.jpg
20200810_152437.jpg

That clears it up! I was looking at the picture of the mid drive bike. You have the hub motor version, What you're looking at is the motor cable. On most bikes, there's a disconnect on the cable to facilitate removal of the rear wheel for tire changes. Look in your owners manual to see if they describe it. It's not something you want to disconnect unless circumstances like a flat tire warrant it.

Whether you can fit your trailer adapter depends on whether the end of the motor connector will fit thru the 12mm axle nut. On some bikes it will. On others, it's too big. This is probably something to ask your bike shop if you bought the bike at one. If the cable end prevents the nut from coming off, you're out of luck.

In either case, the hole in your adapter is probably only 10mm and would need to be opened up to allow even the smaller cable end to fit thru.

This is a pic of my hitch adapter, one of my motor cables, and a 12mm axle nut. In this case the male connector goes right thru the nut, but the other end would not, and some bike makers use bigger connectors that won't pass thru.

I use my hitch adapter on a mid drive bike so I don't have to worry about it, but if necessary I would enlarge the hole to fit my hubmotor bike.

trailer.jpg

Last edited:
I've had two hub drive bikes. Both of them had plenty of threads on the bolt to accommodate the trailer hitch adapter. My inexpensive child trailer's adapter has the thickness of two standard washers and can securely be sandwiched between the washer and nut. Do you have a picture of your trailer adapter?

Back