Toyota entering E market with I Road Three Wheeler

Jerry LM

Don't know if anyone else has seen it but Toyota is getting ready for production with their new E powered three wheeler. Really a cool vehicle, equipped with air bags all signals and one passenger. It was on the program Tech Toys and as soon as it hits the market one will be in my garage. toyota-i-road-11.jpg

Last edited:
It's old but new, talking about actually producing it now. Honda has a prototype as well. Hope it comes to pass as I think the thing would be a super handy vehicle for Oregon where there is some occasional rain...LOL

You don't rent the battery on the Toyota and it is equipped with every safety feature required for US market. Cannot tip over as it is equipped with a Gyro and is extremely agile. To me it would be a great means of transport for bad weather and short trips. I hope it comes to market and is made available, if so I will purchase one. I am not familiar with Twizzy's or any of the others, the Evelo is the only one I have watched but it is gas powered and has over 80 thousand pre orders so will be hard to get for a while.

DUH!!!! my bad, must have had my bike on my mind or a major brain fart, it's Elio Motors not Evelo,,, it was a start up around 2012/13 or so and was supposed to take over an old GM plant that had closed. It was in the news all the time and they were traveling around the country with a prototype letting people drive it and take preorders which were coming in fast and furious. The thing gets 84mpg and was supposed to go out the door around 8k last report.
Suddenly they fell off the radar and I have not heard lately what happened to them. I was all pumped about the concept but not about the gas part of it, wish it had been electric. They still have stuff on the web but if it will happen? who knows, maybe their backing wasn't enough.

Back