Torque

If you have hills, you want torque, as much as you can get. If you don't have hills, torque is not relevant as a purchase selection factor.

Voltbke Yukon with 80nm torque or ET Cycles with das kit and 55nm torque ?
Don't forget to check the weight of the two bikes as well as the torque...and all the other things like the fit, range, speed, etc.

If you have hills, you want torque, as much as you can get. If you don't have hills, torque is not relevant as a purchase selection factor.
the reviews i have seen about ET Cycles have all said that the bikes are VERY torquey and even get up hills faster than brands with 80nm Bafang motors, so that is why I have some confusion, I am con
sidering ET T1000 vs Voltbike Yukon stepthru

I have a ET Cycle 1000, I can say it climbs hills with no problem. We have a very long steep hill where I live and it goes up that with no problems.

As for the 55nm, not sure where you got that from, but I know there is only one bike shop up here in B.C that advertises it as that. I asked the gentleman that owns the shop where I bought mine about that and he did not know the actual number but he said that was wrong. He says it has more torque then his bike that he rides and I forget what he said his has. If you search it out pretty much all bike shops that sell this bike do not list a torque value. I did come across one bike shop that lists it a 70nm.

Bruce

I have a ET Cycle 1000, I can say it climbs hills with no problem. We have a very long steep hill where I live and it goes up that with no problems.

As for the 55nm, not sure where you got that from, but I know there is only one bike shop up here in B.C that advertises it as that. I asked the gentleman that owns the shop where I bought mine about that and he did not know the actual number but he said that was wrong. He says it has more torque then his bike that he rides and I forget what he said his has. If you search it out pretty much all bike shops that sell this bike do not list a torque value. I did come across one bike shop that lists it a 70nm.

Bruce
Thank you Bruce...btw...how tall are you...I am 5'8" am I ok on this bike ?

I am 5'10" but short legs 31" maybe. My seat is up about 3 1/2 inches. The bike is fine for me. Where in Canada are you located?

Bruce

Ok, thought if you were out Vancouver way I would let you know where you would get the best deal on one. They also have them in stock so no waiting.

Hopefully you can find a shop out there that have them and will give you a good deal.

Bruce

Ok, thought if you were out Vancouver way I would let you know where you would get the best deal on one. They also have them in stock so no waiting.

Hopefully you can find a shop out there that have them and will give you a good deal.

Bruce
Thanks....Amego is in Toronto...I could arrange to go to their warehouse or showroom and see the bike...but because of COVID I have not been enthusiastic about going downtown

Yes looking at their web site I thought at first wow thats a great price, then I notice that they are only offering the 16 Ah battery. I would try my best to find one with the 21Ah battery. Heres a couple of pictures of mine. I did make a few changes on mine and added some stuff.

Bruce

Attachments

• 20211202_114800.jpg
    20211202_114800.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 20211202_114923.jpg
    20211202_114923.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 121
Yes looking at their web site I thought at first wow thats a great price, then I notice that they are only offering the 16 Ah battery. I would try my best to find one with the 21Ah battery. Heres a couple of pictures of mine. I did make a few changes on mine and added some stuff.

Bruce
Their price is good and the 16 amp battery is ok for me if I get a great price because I usually ride on average about 25 to 30 k on a ride at the most

Back