torque wrench for a Lectric XP

Slick8128

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a torque wrench I should use on my Lectric XP? If you have a brand name or the size of the wrench, it would be deeply appreciated.

I recently got the
Bike Torque Wrench Set - 1 to 25 Nm – 1/4 Inch Driver Pro MTB Bicycle Maintenance Torque Wrench Kit Tool for Road Mountain Bikes Motorcycle Multitool, on Amazon made by a Chinese company, Homelae. I paid $48.00 for the torque wrench because the range is 1 to 25 Nm and reasonable price with 5 star rating. I am still learning how to use it and will keep you posted as I work with an experienced bike mechanic. With a range of 1 to 25 Nm most bolts are covered. You could get a torque wrench made by Park Tool or Pro Bike Tool and spend a lot more but I believe they all come from China. It arrives with a certificate that it is pre-calibrated with a guaranteed accuracy of +/-4%.

I worked on my bike with an experienced mechanic and the torque wrench worked great. The important thing about using a torque wrench is after using adjust to the lowest setting so it maintains the correct calibration. A bolt that needs more torque than 25 N*m is going to take a lot effort to over tighten. The torque wrench is useful where you could easily over tighten the bolt that doesn't require too much torque. There are some great videos on YouTube about how to use a torque wrench on bicycles. I hope this was useful.

Back