Topeak MTX DXP bag rack

Steve64

Hi. I bought the above bag 2nd hand. It's actually new. I have a Moustache Samedi XRoad 7 FS so has factory rack etc on it.

I thought the bag would have straps with velcro on it but it doesn't as one on YouTube did. Suggestions to secure it to bike.

Probably want the option where you can remove it.

Thanks Steve in NZ

MTX is a Topeak proprietary system to match their bags with their racks. If you want to use that bag the way it's meant to be used you need to get a Topeak MTX rack. Otherwise, there's velcro, bungies, zip ties, or duct tape.

Topeak has a nice system. It might be worth swapping out your rack.

TT

Last edited:
If your rack is MIK compatible you can unscrew the Topeak insert and install a MIK deckplate instead.

Thanks guys. As Billh states my rack set up for QL3 system. I have Ortlieb urban panniers so it either trunk bag or panniers on only. As I'm in NZ I really like the duct tape idea. Option b is get some velcro straps sewn on.

Thanks guys. As Billh states my rack set up for QL3 system. I have Ortlieb urban panniers so it either trunk bag or panniers on only. As I'm in NZ I really like the duct tape idea. Option b is get some velcro straps sewn on.

As far as I can tell, with ortlieb products you can use either a panneire set or a trunk bag, but not both together, right?

I am looking for a setup to let me use both a click on trunk bag and pannieres on my old man mountain rack.

The only universal click on trunk bag that I can find is ortlieb, but I read that they don't play nicely with ortlieb pannieres at the same time.

Back